Aggressiveness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura0709

Reaction score
I have a female bunny I adopted. She is about 8 months old, give or take. She was recently in a pen with another male and female.

The first couple of weeks, she stayed in the family room with us. She and my 2 dogs are all buddies. They love to play. About a week ago, she started getting aggressive, lurching, trying to bite. She now stays in the living room, off to herself. I let her run around the house during the day but cage her at night.

I have tried putting stuffed animals with her. She ignores them during the day but seems to play with them at night. I had some insight from another member on here that said she could be lonely, that's why I tried the stuffed animals. One of them is actually a small stuffed bunny.

She seems to be eating good, but not asking for as much food the past couple of days. I give her timothy hay, pellets, carrots, apples and dandelion greens. I'm trying to get her calm enough to see if I can feel anything in her belly, like baby bunnies?

I'm just not sure what is going on. I read about a female's gestation period, but I don't even know if she's pregnant. Wonder what's going on? Any help is very much appreciated. She is my first bunny in a long time, so I'm having to re-learn.

If she's unspayed and was in a pen with an unneutered male, chances are very high that she's pregnant. Even if she isn't, a spay would definitely be a good idea to help curb those hormones.

Latest posts

Back