Aggressive Rabbits (both spayed and neutered)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey

Reaction score
ok, heres the deal.. year ago I bought bunn(spayed), shes always had the attitude, never wants to be picked up or anything, nips, swats and stomps. But its ok, if thats her than so be it you know.. now, as you guys know 2 months ago, we bought chester, an un-neutered bunny.. he on the other hand is absolutly the sweetest bunny ever, loves to be cuddled, not once ever nipped or stomped... UNTIL... a month after we neuter him he's now turned into bunns twin.. he stomps, nips and runs everytime you go near him. In no way are these bunnies getting treated wrong, they have huge houses get plenty of run time, food, greens and toys galor.. I just dont get it. Any ideas on why my bunnies have turned into "devil bunnies"? At this point I regret neutering chester.. he was soo sweet before.

So he's just been a month since his neuter? Aren't their hormones still calming down by then? Try waiting a bit and see. But that's probably just the girl's personality.

Why don'tyou try rebonding yourself to him? And maybe try bonding yourself to the girl?

You shouldn't regret neutering Chester, it was the best thing for him. :)

It sounds like Chester is probably still going through his "teen" stage - even when buns are spayed/neutered, they have a developmental stage that's a transition to fully adult behavior. My girl, Nibbles, was a pretty crazy bunteen for several months after i adopted her.

This article on the HRS site was very helpful to me at that time:

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/2-9/rebel-with-paws.html

(I'm sure there is a link to this in Bunny 101 - or in some other part of the "read only" files - but thought I'd post a direct link for convenience. Check the library section of the site for more info.! :))

Latest posts

Back