Aggressive rabbit :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnanw

Reaction score
So I don't know if it was the vet and sterilization process that caused this, but Donut, who used to be so close to Cookie, started to attack him. ( They belong to a bonded trio which includes the rescue, Chestnut. )
Now I have to separate Donut from Cookie and Chestnut and house him in a cage instead of the play pen because he's so aggressive he literally destroys anything he sees, even my hands. Can someone tell me why he's acting like that? He used to be the sweetest amongst them 3 :'(

I don't know the answer, but I am sure someone will. I hope you can resolve the problem. Best wishes.

I had the same problem, once he was sweet, the next he kept attacking his brother. I seperated them but he'll still bite/ try to destroy everything he sees. His foodbowl has to be superglued to his hutch and I keep having to put his littertray back in his hutch every day. His littler tray has to have stones in to stop him throwing it as much and I got one made of the thickest plastic. Nothing physically wrong with my one. Being on his own helped a lot, I just give him lots of toys to keep him occupied. Good luck sorting out yor problem :D

Sometimes they get tramatized by the vet but they can go back to being friendly if you hold them for say 5 min. and increase time as they calm down.

I agree. Slow & sure probably will calm him down. I think you need a separate pen for him, as a small cage probably will make him frustrated more. Once he's calm you can start moving the pens closer together & give each pens some things from the other pen: blankets, some used litter, etc.

Latest posts

Back