Age?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to apologize at all, Trina. :)

We've all wondered that. That's why I noted a website that BunnyMommyprovided for us called Rabbit Years. You can find the site in a thethread entitled "A Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care". It's probably on thesecond or third sheet of the forum.

-Carolyn

As a breeder, I keep track of breeding dates, duedates, and birth dates. All of the rabbits are "aged" basedon birth date.

A rabbit is known as a Kit until it is weaned and leaves it's mom(about 6-8 weeks of age.) Then it's known as a Junior until it reaches6 months of age. Beyond that it's considered a Senior (thoughreally it does not have to be old like the name Senior would assume, itjust means it has reached adulthood).

It's so much easieron apet owner to purchase from abreeder - it helps when it comes to destinct questions about thatparticular rabbit. Breeders are able to go back generationsand tell what traits are known in that line, and be able to give anexact age of the bun and show you it's parents as a size reference forwhen it reaches adulthood. JMO.

~Sunshine

I just made up a birthday for my bunny, since Ihave no idea when he was born. I know he was 1.5 years old in thesummer, so I made his bd February 15.

when i bought mine at the pet store, they gave uspapers from the breeder.. it had their birthday on it, plus the linethey came from and the breeder info..

Mind don't have a real birthday either, when Iadopted them I was told they were about about 1 1/2 year old. So I justmade their birthday six months after the day they were adopted... Theyalso have adoption day though...
~Christine~

If you suspect your bunny(ies) is(are)(an)Easter Rabbit(s), you can often backdate six-eight weeksto figure out when they were born. Most buns are originallysold in that age bracket, if not younger(unfortunately).

Buck

Latest posts

Back