age for spaying and neutering?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kala_Bunga

Reaction score
my Flemmy Niquita has to get spayed soon.How olddoes she have to be though?She is 10 weeks now, so 2 and a 1/2monthes.I would like to get her spayed soon as I would love to get hera flemmy husband.My neice who lives w/ me wants her own rabbit nowsince I have been getting back into it since are old bun Paxy died.
She is in gr4 but is very knoledgable of bunns and had grown up w/ themsince the age of 4.She is judt dieing to get her own and I know that aflemmy would be best suited for her and I want another flemmy forNiquita.Sooo how long do I have to wait before she can get spayed?Howlong will it take for her to heal?thanks,
Samantha,Emma and the buns:bunnydance:

About 6 months of age for a flemmie, as they arebigger they mature slower. If the bun is not sexually maturealot of vets have problems finding the uterus and ovaries to removethem.

If want to see about doing it a bit earlier, start looking for a veryexperienced vet. One that does spays/neuters for a rescuewould be really good as they tend to try to get the buns in as soon aspossibe as it makes group living easier and they will have done a largenumber.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back