After spay question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity

Reaction score
After Zoie gets spayed tomorrow should we keep her in her smaller cage so she cant jump around? We have a huge NIC cage for her with different levels that Im worried about her stitches. We have a smaller cage when she was a baby and she can fit in there and move around but not jump and her food and water will be right by her. If we do that should we use paper towels as bedding? Thanks!

Yes. Keeping her in the smaller cage is a good idea.You don't want her to do any jumping for almost a week. Most are doing it anyway by like the fourth day. Keep her food, water and litter box near.

Remember, don't fast her. Keep her eating up until surgery. Also, make a point to get pain meds to take home with you to administer for about 5 days max. The shot they give doesn't last the 24 hours they say it does.

Good Luck with they spay.

Zoie, I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers:pray:.

I'm sure more will be along with more great advise and ideas;).

You might be able to get away with blocking off the upper levels of her cage. Even reduce the floor space if it is too big. Putting her in a diferent cage could stress her out too much. If you find her moving too much a smaller one would be better. Towels would be better than paper towels as she will find then more comfy. Just dont use wood shavings. Also keep her in he cage less you are cleaning. no out of cage time for a few days. After about a week she could have a bit of free time.

Thank you!! Okay we just layed out some of her purple towels we are setting her up tonight how it will be tomorrow so she gets use to it a little and the towels smell like her. EEEKKK nervous mommy :<

Latest posts

Back