After bonding...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove06

Reaction score
I have a neutered male, and an unaltered female. My husband and I are planning on bonding the two bunnies after Daisy is spayed. I have read and read and read all about the bonding process- but one this I can't figure out is what to do after they are best friends.

The two buns will be on the same diet (unlimited hay, limited pellets and some veggies), but how would we make sure that one rabbit isn't eating all of the pellets?

Sammy, especially is used to being able to eat his food at his own pace over the cource of the day. Half his pellets and all of his veggies in the morning, and the other half of the pellets in the evening. I don't want one of them to become overweight and the other one starve.

Any advice?

In the past I had two bonded bunnies with different diet needs. The brat needed *very* limited pellets, whereas Lindor needed more. So I fed them separately.

Right now Finley and Behr are bonded...but they have the same food needs so I feed them together. I do think Behr ends up with more since he eats faster, but as long as I see Finley at the dish excited to eat, I don't stress about it. I have added a little more pellets just to give her a better chance of getting her share.

They have unlimited hay and get veggies (which Fin is quicker with).

Latest posts

Back