affection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoiledBuni

Reaction score
my bunny got spayed about a week ago. and i'veheard that after buns get spayed they get more affectionate because thehormones are gone. but i dont see any sign of this with my bun. wellshe was sorta affectionate during recovery time because she was likecompletly dependent on me but after she healed she went back to beingthe same old evil bunny.

my bunny doesnt give me any kisses or cuddles. she still like to shredthings and she even lost her litter training. shes doing the oppositeof what books and websites say buns will do after getting fixed. why dou think this is?

It's a coincidence that you posted this. One ofmy rabbits was the same way. She was really destructive at first, andeven after we had her spayed. She wasn't very affectionate with us.Then in the past month or so she's become a very loving little girl.She still rarely gives kisses, but loves to snuggle. I think maybe itjust takes a lot of time for some rabbits to feel comfortable bondingwith their people. Especially if they're young. Oh, the coincidence isthat just yesterday my boyfriend and I were marvelling at the way shecrawled into his lap for snuggles when a month ago she ran from him.

I really feel for you. I know how disapointing it is when you just wantto snuggle your adorable baby and they want you to move so they caneatyour carpet. I hope she comes around.

Oh and I think it takes several weeks for thehormones to settle down. The experts will know for sure. So there maybe a sweeter girl in the weeks to come for you. :)

It takes a few weeks for the hormones to settledown. It also depends upon age, "teen" rabbits will be less friendly.I've had my boys for over a year, Mocha shows a lot more affection andfriendliness while Spice sometimes shows it but not all the time. Ittakes a while to get to that point and upon the personality. Time isthe key, don't get discouraged.

How old is your rabbit? My Peanut was the sameway until just this past year, a little after she turned 3. Somerabbits take longer than others to mellow out.

~M

Week is not a lot of time to recover from a majoroperation. Be a little patient. Take a look at thethread Bunny Kisses for some information regarding getting someloving from your bun,

Buck

My pre-teeny babies are already showing less affection and more independence. It's a normal phase and they usually mellow.

Right now they're like punky 12-yr.-olds! Demanding, moody, kicky, pushy, growly....

I love all their stages, even the slightly evil and annoying ones.Because it's so fun to watch them grow and change! I know Bunbun wentthrough an "attack bunny" phase, but he became such a lover-boy as hegrew up.

Rose

P.S. They go to new homes Tues., and it's definitely time. They needtheir own space--getting on each other's nerves a little, esp. atfeeding time!

my bun is 2 years old (or going to turn 2 onaugust 3rd). i didnt know that it took a few week for the hormones tosettle down, i guess i'll have to wait a while. :?btw whenare a bun's teen year anyway? i hope my bun's case will be the same assarah's.

Ahaha! A topic I can relateto. Iszy is the most unaffectionate rabbit I have everhad. I've contemplated getting her spayed but talked to alocal breeder who told me that spaying does not always help their"attitude". Just like people, all bunnies have differentpersonalities and backgrounds. So I'm trying to come to termswith Iszy's behavior.Iknow that she willnever be a lap bunny. Shewill probably never giveme anykisses. She'll keep biting me every time Itry to pet her. That's when IaskmyselfWHY I love her when she is such a badbunny.All I have to do is look at her!!Hehehe!

Iszy2a.jpg

I bet getting her spayed would help. I've heardit really does wonders for them. Mine were snipped young so I neverknew them as sexually mature. It also prevents health problems infemales like reproductive cancer.

She is SO beautiful. Is she a lionhead? It must make you nuts to not kiss that itty bitty face.

That's true. The chances of cancer are dramatically decreased with spaying.

~M

Sarah wrote:
Sheis SO beautiful. Is she a lionhead? It must make you nuts to not kissthat itty bitty face.
Yes, she's a Lionhead and a &*#%head as well. LMAO :D

Latest posts

Back