Advice to reduce noise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniferCameron

Reaction score
They are renovating our building and it's so loud, they only told us last week (we're moving if we can break the lease becaue they didn't give us adequate notice). The problem is that they are now doing our area and it's so loud. I'm really worried about the bunnies, today I moved them to the least noisy room and covered the top and 3 sides with some towels. Is there anyway I can reduce the noise?I'm thinking of taping cardboard to the sides of their cages (except one side to allow air to get through and then cover the same 3 sides with blankets. I'm really worried about them, I might be able to keep them at my boyfriends moms house (she lives across the street) for the 8 hours they are doing construction, but I can't tomorrow.

I'm really worried about them and I know this can't be good for Charlie (she's on meds for snuffles). I'm really pulling out my hair trying to figure out what to do.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

That sucks. I would try using a radio or tv and putting it loud enough that it doesn't disturb them, make them thump or scared, just enough to drown out the noise. Good Luck. I know this has to be hard on you and the animals.:hug: Oh! A fan on low or med too would help, especially if they are at it at night at all. But during the day put a fan on low and use music or tv should help alot:).

My idea was the cardboard as well; alot of animals respond well to classical music and I like the suggestion of the fan ("white noise").. A constant soothing sound would be good - you could try the radio channelNPR(PBS of radio stations) it always has very quiet talk and intermixed with jass/classical music - I always put on when I had sick cats and they seemed to respond (or at least not hate the situation as much, or perhaps, it just made me feel better)..

Thanks you guys for the advice I'm going to try a mix of those things, a fan with cardboard and some classical music. I can't believe how loud it is, I'm tempted to cut the contruction workers rope (just joking I promise!).

Thanks again for your help!

Latest posts

Back