Advice on litter traning two rabbits that will not be bonded?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 31452

Reaction score
I have two adoptees, One will be going to my daughters in a few months when she gets settled. One is a 14 month old male (neutered) and one is a 16 week old female (obviously not yet spayed). I have them in separate areas of a large room. They are probably 30 ft from each other. I am thinking this is why my first adoptee (the male) poops EVERY WHERE in his pen? I also had to move him (from a totally different area) into this shared room around the same time I brought home the female about 3 weeks ago. He was doing [pretty] well with litter habits until the move - so its either the new location or the new bun or I suspect both. He occasionally pees outside his box now, but not too often...I had his hay in a cardboard manger I made (he doesn't chew cardboard believe or not) but he DID KEEP PEEING ON THAT ! Poops are as much outside as in and scattered all over his pen. He is a great rabbit, very active, and destined to be a house bun so I let him out to roam and he runs all over. He can go up to HER pen, they are curious about each other not nasty. He will usually spray around there somewhere and also lay down next to her pen. SHOULD I NOT let him NEAR her? (he will smell her not matter what Im guessing). She is two shy to be out yet so she doesn't go anywhere near HIS cage. SHOULD I be retraining him by keeping him confined INSIDE HIS actual cage as opposed to an Xpen & open door cage? I have a 2nd litter box in his Xpen which he also does not use much.

Latest posts

Back