Advice on first dwarf rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister inlaw is going to collage this fall so she gave her dwarf rabbit to me. This is the first dwarf I've owned and was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I'm not sure what breed she is but I know she's around 4. So dwarfs live a shorter lifespan? Are there any major differences I should know about between a full sized rabbit and a dwarf?
I'll post some pictures later today

I've only ever had one dwarf so I can only tell you about my experience with him. Can you say moody?! He isn't really much of a people rabbit and would be content to sit in the corner and brood all day. I've heard that's common among dwarves however. I was told that they live 8-10 years. You're going to want to really push the hay because dwarves are prone to dental issues with having all 22 teeth crammed into their little heads, so regular trimmings might be in order! Also my little guy is extremely curious, he loves to look thru the baby gate at the dog and once jumped over the gate onto the dog(who out weighs him by 65lbs and is now terrified of him) he also loves to investigate my six year old-until she tries to touch him in which case he's over it!
Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back