Advice needed desparately

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that seems very strange... :?

How long have they been fixed? It can take a while for the girl's hormones to die down.

I hope we can find a solution for this, it'd be a shame if they had to be separated. :(

PS I'm moving this to the Nutrition and Behaviour section of the forum.

Poor Fin. You may need to separate them, but I don't know that adding another rabbit to the mix would be a wise decision (especially if the new one doesn't work out).

Some rabbits are very dominant and will bully other rabbits incessantly.

Pam

I wouldnt be in a rush to add another, to be honest i think Fin would live happily on his own.

Do you think separating them would be the right, and best decision for them both?

Can you place a wire divider between them, so they can still socialize without Fin being bullied?

Pam

I have heard this happens sometimes especially if the male has continued to try and mount the female, she just gets fed up with it and tries to put the male in his place by nipping at him.

Has she drawn blood or really hurt him? It might look as though Fin is scared but he may just be being submissive to her. I'm no expert but I am just trying to think of a reason why the pair seem to have fallen out. If it were me I work at bonding them again slowly rather than splitting them up unless of course they were really fighting and hurting each other.

I really hope things improve for you all.

Latest posts

Back