advice for blossom please.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
ok, we have had blossom home since 5:00lastnight, and she virtually has eaten NOTHING. She atenothing lastnight and today all I have gotten her to eat is 3 captaincrunches (yes the cereal!) three papaya tablets, and a tiny (about aninch worth) of hay she is So angry with us we can not even get her outof the cage she is biting us really hard. Since lastnight shehas had about 15 poos in her litterbox and a few strays in her cage andshe has about three pee spots about the size of dimes. Thevet said to call if she has not eaten by late this afternoon, also Ihave not seen her drink either. I am SO So worried.I have tried everything and nothing is working! Lastnight shesat so docile in her cage and let us pet her and all, but today herpleasant cage territorialness is back, so she is getting her spunkback, but none the less I need ideas. I am not sure I couldeven force feed her because she is being so violently mean. Iguess we will be going back to the vet! Gosh I amworried. any suggestions would so beappreciated...everyone send postivie thoughts and prayers ourway!!! by the way, how long h as it taken some of yourbunnies to start eating after surgery???? Tracy

Do you have any parsley? Do you haveany NutriCal? I'd definitely suggest you pick up someNutriCal because it gives a boost to their systems, it promotes anappetite, it gives them the nutrients they need, and they usually likeit. It's sold as a dietary supplement for cats and dogs, butyou can give it to rabbits...about an inch a day.

Try putting some celery in her cage. Trick is to try to keepher hydrated, which is why I suggest celery, or carrots, or somethingwith a lot of water in it.

All rabbits are different on how they respond to operations.Just like us, some people bounce back quickly while others, it takes alittle time.

-Carolyn

Parsley seems to work really well with our buns. Even Moo Shu "the finicky one" :).

Celary, too. Lottsa water content to keep bun hydrated.

Thoughts and prayers sent your way Tracy.

Jim

PS>> I love it when Carolyn beats me to the advice. Even more if I have the same advice as she does ;).

Parsley is excellent and contains complex Bvitamins which also help to stimulate the appetite. I alsolike to feed it prior to surgery to help hydrate and keep things movingalong. Many of our rabbits won't touch it because they'venever had it. That is the reason I recommend feedingoccasional treats of parsley, apple or carrot so the rabbit will beaccostomed to those foods andmore likely to eat them when notfeeling well.

Pam

Raisins? Sugared cereal like sugar frostedflakes, fruit loops, etc.? Sugar is not good for rabbits, obviously,but I think first priority would be to get her eating,anything. You might want to force feed her some gator aid orpedialyte because is she doesn't drink, she won't eat.

Hoping for a change, soon.

Buck

That's a great idea on the gatorade. Bowould like the cereal, but Cheerios or oats would get him eating if heneeded to. He's always loved them.

Latest posts

Back