Advertising "hand fed"?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelipesMommy

Reaction score
I have seen a few places lately (such as Craigslist, ugh) where people are advertising their bunnies as "hand fed" or "hand fed from birth" as though it is a positive. My understanding was that a breeder having to hand feed a baby was a BAD thing. Is there a positive side to hand feeding or are these people just trying to scam someone?

I see no positives in hand feeding. Their immune system will not be as good and mothers milk is way better than formula.

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
As far as a pet, I think people advertise it that way so people think the bunny is more tame... Whether it is or isn't, really depends on the rabbit.
I agree with this. There are many people who also avertise birds this way, because with the birds it makes them more used to people and see people as their providers, but in rabbits I don't think this is a very good thing. It may be that they are more tame because of it, but the other complications that may arise from it are not so good.

I hand feed all my rabbits. I stick my hand into the feed bag and fill up my scoop, and then put my hand into the cage and pour the feed in the feeder.... with my hands.

xD

But yeah, someone is definitely BSing

Latest posts

Back