Adventures in 2010!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bre80Rai

Reaction score
So, this is my first blog ever, I thought I would share. This year is going to be eventful, I am determinded!!! I Started a new job that I LOVE, I am a receptionist for an awsome company, I also Oil paint (thats what I love but it does not pay the bills, I will post some of my work).
Here is the link to my art work:

http://brebresarts.deviantart.com/

The kids are in 5th and 1st grade and have now joined after school care for the first time, I stayed home with them for 4 years!!! Thats a long time, In that time I did Guinea pig and Bunny rescue work as much as possible and Painted every chance I got.

I am thankful that my kids share a love for animals as my husband tolorates them at best, he likes dogs but grew up being taught that they are mostly outside pets, I grew up with pure breeds who were pampered and stayed inside, so naturally our buns are house buns and very spoiled...(but im not a pet snob LOL they dont wear gucci sweaters or anything!)

MY BUNNIES!!!!! they are my stress relief, my therapists and my little life savers, they always know how to cheer me up!

Ronin I got from a pet store, the only one left in my area who still is selling Rabbits, the rescues got the rest to stop, and Trust me I have given this place an ear full. I got Ronin as a buddy for my Angora who I passed away a month ago, she was 5 years old I think maybe older and I had her for 4 years, I had had her for about 6 monthswhen her personality started getting worse and worse (I got her from a rescue and I am sure she was abused by her previous owner) She was mean and would lunge and growel and bite me and the kids, seemed the nicer I was to her the meaner she got, poor thing, she was very untrusting so I thought Maybe a friend would help her open up, I went to the pet store thinking shes going to have to have a baby bunny cause I did not think an adult would work for her, I found this little ball of fluff hiding in the corner of his petstore cage, I took him home and Phaeda HATED him, I was so upset, but then I read up on bonding and took down Ronins cage so there was just one, I would alternate days, and one would be in the cage while the other was out free in the house, after a week of that she was in love, they had been the best of friends ever since!! I was very worried that Ronin would not make it if she died but I think haveing Jax around is helping (even though they dont fully get along yet). Ronin is now 4 years old and as I call him my little slug. He sleeps alot but when he plays is is crazy!!!!

RONIN:

PICT5885.jpg

RONIN LIKES TO HELP WITH GROCERIES lol

PICT6178.jpg

PICT7384.jpg

RONIN AND PHAEDA:

PHTO0006-16.jpg

PICT2143.jpg

PICT2531.jpg

PICT1838-1.jpg

Now for Jaxy's story, I had a Bunny named TEEK, he was an english spot/Lop mix who was the result of a friends accidental litter, I told her I would help her out and take one so I did. Teek had Pasterella when I got him, I knew this and had to take extra careful measures that Ronin and Phaeda would not get it, it was ALOT of bunny juggling! they could not be out near him and anything he touched had to be sterilized. The vet told me he would have to be on antibiotics every few months for the rest of his life, I thought this would really not be good for his stomach and was going to try ANY THING other than that, He was on a DAILY regumine of grapeseed extract, acidophilus, eccinecia, and the occasional benadryl (dont do this at home, i went over everything with my vet as he is very into alternative med) At 10 months old Teek got so bad he could not breath and the Vet suggested we end his suffering, I cried the entire day, Teek was the most special rabbit I have ever had or even heard of, He was 200% trusting of EVERYONE, he would watch tv with me, he would wait AT THE DOOR for me when I went out, I had to leave the tv on for him when I left so he would not get lonely, I would come home to find him watching, his fav was american Idol!!!! He came when I called him, listened very well, never chewed anything, he was the model bunny!! I was SO upset about losing him I became very depressed and about a month later could not take it anymore and started the hunt for another bun like him, I called maybe 50 people with bunnies for sale, when to a rescue and "tried out" 3 rabbits who were lovely but not quiet right....I had given up. Then one day I had an itch to look on craigslist to see if there were any new bunnies (I wanted a baby so I could mold it into one like Teek) I saw this add for bunnies and emailed the lady, I asked for pic of the parents too, she sent me a pic of Jax and his brothers and sisters and one of his mother, the second I looked at the mom I said THIS IS IT! she looked JUST like TEEK! I went to her house to look at the babies and found Jax, he was the only one with Tan patches all the others had black....I took him home and he was the most WILD little thing I had ever seen, he would not let anyone pet him cause he was too busy zipping through the house, I had never had a bunny THIS hyper! I read up about english spots and got alot of good info on behavior and personality, I found out how different from a lop he was going to be LOL....he went through his teen age stage with ALOT of corretions and training LOL he is a very VERY smart boy, too smart maybe LOL, He IS Teek reincarnate but with more energy LOL, He knows when I am sad or in need of a hug, he will jump up on the couch and lay down on the back of it right behind me and put his head on my shoulder, hes very special!

Well Here are some pics of my bunny story, enjoy:

Teek July 2008- May 2009:

1274720984.jpg

1274720981.jpg

1274720981-1.jpg

1274720983.jpg

picture of Jax and his brothers and sister (hes the only white one without black, on the left)

DSCF4290.jpg

DSCF4285.jpg

(Jax first day home)

PICT5195.jpg

PICT5200.jpg

PICT5225.jpg

Growing up:

PICT5288.jpg

PICT5297.jpg

PICT5309.jpg

PICT5310.jpg

PICT5496.jpg

PICT5499.jpg

Eating some broccoli:
PICT5874.jpg

PICT6036.jpg

PICT6429.jpg

AND JAX NOW:

PICT7366.jpg

PICT7371.jpg

P011110005.jpg

Your bunnies are all gorgeous..i just love them!

My bunnies love to help with the shopping also..theres been quite a few times when i haven't caught them in time and later i find that some of thepackages have holes in them from little bunny teeth lol

Jax sounds and looks like an adorable little bunny..i love the pictures of him looking out of the window....like you just know what he's thinking..

Teek was a handsome little guy also..

Wow all your bunnies are adorable. So many cute pictures. I love the one where it looks like Jax is looking out the window. We need more pictures! They are all so cute.

Latest posts

Back