Adventure during hurricane Jeanne

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*nepo*

Reaction score
This happenedduringhurricane Jeanne since I live in Florida, we had to go to an apartmentsince we had to board up and my mom doesn't stand to be in thedarkness. A few hours after we got there I decided to make Nepo acardboard tunnel,which turned out to be a house. When we were done Iput it on the floor and Nepo went right in it and he wouldn't come out,and since it had small holes for doors I couldn't reach in and take himout.So when he did get out my brother started chasing him andI guess he took it as a game because he would hide and kind ofcamouflage himself.Then I started chasing him and it wasreally fun. I chased him until the light went out because of thehurricane. He'd stop once in a while to catch his breath and then startrunning and then he'd hide under all the blankets that were piled up tomake as a bed for everyone because we were staying overnight, he lookedso cute.

First question:I think Nepo's a dwarf rabbitbecause the person that gave it to us said he wouldn't grow much andbecause I've looked at you guys's rabbits and the ones that aren'tdwarf rabbits I've noticed that when they were babies they had bigheads, but when Nepo wasa baby he had a small head. So I wantto know how much pellets I should give him daily he's about 7 or 8months (i'm not sure)

Second question: My brother's friend used tohave a bunny and he said that one day when they let himoutside,he got killed by a frog :(, because the bunny wassmellingthe frog, and the frog poisoned the bunny, so I wantto knowif frogs are bad for bunnies.

Third question: Isit neccesary that Ilitter train Nepo even tough he has a wire floor on hiscage?

Fourth question: How come Nepo doesn't sleep?sometimes I see him close his eyes but then he opens them. And I'venoticed that he is getting scared ofeverylittlenoise.

Fifth question: Is the Hartz brandgood?

That's it!

I just noticed Nepo hurt hisnose not bad just a little red spot. I think it was becausehe puts his nose through the cage bars. Is there anything special Ishould do?

Hey,

First, dwarfs have small stocky bodies, small feet, compact wide bluntheads, and small short ears. The ears are the biggest clue. Howmuch does he weigh? I feed my 3-lb Holland lop a little less than 1/2tuna can full per day.

Second, there'sno possible way a frog could poison a bunny just by the bunny smelling the frog. So don't worry!:)

Third, if he's inside you might want to litter train so he doesn't leave "presents" all over when you let him out to play.

Fourth, they actually sleep very lightly because of being alert forpredators. So it's not uncommon to see a bunny "napping" with eyes halfopen. When they feel comfortable in their environmenttheytend to really sleep. And most bunnies jump at small noises. They havereally good ears.

Fifth, I don't know about Hartz but would recommend Purina!

Good luck!

Rose

Nepo has small feet, he doesn't have really longears or reall y short. I don't know how much he weighs, he might alsoweigh 3 lbs. About the frog thats what I meant I just didn't remember.Maybe I kind of am litter training him because when I let him outsideof the cage he uses corners, he doesn't leave the "cocoapuffs"all spread out. And luckily he learned not to pee onthe carpet. He does have a small litter box and sometimes uses it whenI leave it empty, but when I put alfalfa hay in it he pees in it.

He's probably a dwarf mix. Dwarf ears are usuallyabout the length of your pinkie finger or shorter. My Bub's ears are aslong as my hand, and he's a large breed.

When I first brought Bub inside, I watched him closely and as soon ashe cocked his tail to pee I stuckhim in the litter box andmade a big deal out of what a good boy he was. He figured it outamazingly fast.

Rose

Latest posts

Back