Advantage and fleas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvthempigs

Reaction score
While reading some old posts about treating fleas some people said that they treated their buns with Advantage for kittens. Out of curiosity (and hopefully none of my buns will ever have fleas) do you use the entire tube or just a drop or two?

I do use Advantage on my dogs since they go outside but I do have indoor cats, guinea pigs, and rabbits. *Knock on wood*, nobody has had fleas in years.

Thanks, Maria

I tend to do a drop on each ear....maybe a third drop if I feel it is necessary.

Works fine here....

The local shelter uses Advantage on the rabbits, I'm pretty sure they just use the whole kitten-sized tube. You can also use Revolution, just don't ever use Frontline!

I used Revolution a few times when a stray bunnies were here withmites/fleas. I know it was the kitten dosage but Im not sure how many drops that was, maybe 2-3 on the neck area. It worked like a charm.

Someone on my Facebook (who doesn't speak English) has the same problems with their rabbit. Do you know what I can tell her to use (considering we don't have "Advantage" here? What are the components of this medicine? Maybe we can find something similar.
I told her to take her bunny to the vet but who knows if the vets won't give the wrong thing to her bunny... I told her to check RO but she can't understand a thing, so I'm doing this for her.

* When you say a drop on each ear, you mean on top of each ear, right? Not IN each year..

Latest posts

Back