Adopting a Senior Dog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is adorable. I am not fond of chi's as I've been bitten twice by them, but both times it was because of just how protective they are of their people and their place :) I blame the owner of the ones that bit me more than I do the dogs. She laughed and thought it was so funny that her dogs were snarling and biting at my leg...yes the chick is psycho LOL. I was gonna say I do know chi's can be litterbox trained if you had to. But since he's being a good boy and doing his business outside you don't have to worry about it :) I must say though I do LOVE your other dog. I am a golden fan myself. I have a 6 1/2 y/o female and she is my sweetie.

I hate hate hate people who treat little dogs differently than big dogs... A dog is a dog! If a big dog bit at a person's pant leg or snarled at them, you'd bet no one would think it was funny. I've met more nasty, ill-trained and bad tempered small dogs than I have pits, that's for sure. I knew I wasn't going to make that mistake!! Kristopher is already over his lap guarding issues, and he sleeps in a crate just like Karly, and has the same rules she does (no furniture, no people food, etc). Just cuz he's little doesn't mean he gets to get away with anything!

Karly is my heart... I actually don't even like dogs (shock) but Karly is my very dearest companion. She's perfect (if not a bit neurotic) but she's exactly what I'd want from a dog. She's extremely smart. I always thought if I ever got another dog it'd be a golden or a border collie (she's a mix of both) just because she is so darn smart and good natured.

389414_10150513318744468_516094467_10516990_1431281405_n.jpg

376411_10150513318969468_516094467_10516998_537336664_n.jpg

Goldens are awesome. I love our girl Sandy aka SandyRose aka SandyRah aka Miss Fluff....she has lots of names. We got her at 8 weeks old and I am not kidding when I say she was housebroke in 3 days. Not a single accident. Only time 6 1/2 years she has had an accident is was because she was sick. She's a total lover...she loves her family, the other dogs, the cats, Mopsy...she loves anyone who comes through the door. She does have the bad habit of getting on the furniture....but that was both my husband and my own fault. We even taught her to say please.....so gives this little woof when she wants a treat or a toilet paper tube (her favorite toy)...she will sit in the bathroom and quietly woof till one of goes in and tells her "ok" and then she takes the tube out of the garbage. Can ya tell I love her?

Oh my goodness that toilet paper tube thing is so cute! That actually made me smile really big, I needed that. I pictured her just sitting in the bathroom very patiently. :) Sandy seems like a sweetheart and a total doll... Goldens just seem to be so good natured and lovable in general.

That reminds me, Karly's name before I got her was actually Sandie (yes with the -ie)! What a weird coincidence haha.

Congrats on the new dog! Also I applaud you for adopting! :claps:
Does Kristopher bark alot?
Jj

Nope he doesn't! :D He barks if there is someone at the door or if our neighbor's dog (who is kept outside all the time) barks. That's about it though, thankfully! :D

Well here's another laugh for you compliments of Sandy...she will also go and climb in the bathtub and then bark because she's afraid to get out on her own....she can get in but she can't get out....she is a riot. I don't think she knows she is a dog to be honest. And yes she just sits in the bathroom staring at the garbage can....we have to read minds...she does the same thing at the utility room door when she wants a cookie/rawhide

SunnyCait wrote:
Also am I foolish for thinking he can be fully potty trained? I've never met a small dog who went 100% outside. Are puppy pads a good idea or should we skip em?
I have a Papllion, and she's fully potty trained, my neighbor had a malti-poo that was fully potty trained.. It depends on the person doing the potty training and the breed of dogs.. Paps are hard to potty train despite them being very smart. lol Congrats on yor new family member though!

Aww he's cute! Congrats!

Latest posts

Back