Adopting a bonded pair next friday!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponyta

Reaction score
Okay, the mini lop that I was going to adopt fell through. It was awful, and I hope he found a good home. Two hours before she was supposed to deliver him to me she posted on CL that anyone who wanted him and had the money could take him before 5. Why didn't she just bring him? Why do people do things like that? Ugh.

So, I posted an ad looking for an altered, up to date on vet checks, any age, any sex, any breed, bunny. So long as they were well cared for in their previous home and came with a decent sized cage, no pet store cages, even though I'm going to build one anyway. I figure it's a good way to tell if their bunny slaves knew how to take care of them properly. I got a few responses from people looking to pawn their bunnies off as quickly as possible, and a lot of breeders.

Needless to say, I quickly forgot about that ad. A week or so ago I got an e-mail from a girl who I had seen posting about a bonded pair she needed to find homes for because she had moved and they were staying with her old roommate and were being neglected. She didn't want that for them, and when she messaged me I was skeptical.

But, she sent me pictures of their little bunny butts, and I immediately fell in love. Her descriptions of her babies were so thorough, she knew them so well. I just couldn't resist going to see them. So I told her, I'll adopt them but you have to wait two weeks, because that's when I get all my returns/loan and that's when I can get the female in to be spayed and have both of them checked up and their nails trimmed. And both her and her boy friend agreed to that. I figure if they're going to cheat me like the mini lops owner did, they'll do it sooner than later. But I don't think they will.

So I went to see them and I have never met bunnies so social and well behaved and active and loving! Lily, the mini rex mix female, let me hold and cuddle her for 15 minutes. I've never had a cuddly rabbit before, but that's what she wants. Jack, her hubby, is a bit more reserved, and he's ALL about Lily. Whatever she's doing he's got to be there to make sure she's okay.

There were a lot of binkies, meat loafing, lamb chopping, dead bunny flops, begging to be fed and petted and romping!

Lily was separated from her litter when she was 5 weeks old, and they suspect that's why she's so dog like, dare I say it. She meets guests at the door and everything.

I'll have to switch them from an all pellet diet to hay/pellets/veggies, and work with Lily on litter training outside the cage, but other then that these two are perfection.

I can't help but gush! I can't wait to take them home! Everyone thinks I'm crazy, because I love rabbits so much, but I have no family (I'm 20, I distanced myself from them as they're abusive) and rabbits kind of fill that void.

Maybe that's sad, I don't know, but I like to obsess about others and these two deserve a great home. I feel bad for their people, cause they clearly love them so much, but they can't keep them. :(

Latest posts

Back