Adopted a new rabbit today. Don't know what it is.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobunnynoclue

Reaction score
Well I had trepidations against getting this rabbit today but I did it anyway. It was literally the first rabbit I saw on Craig's list that I liked. I did zero "shopping around". But anyway......

Her story is that she was found by someone on the street 4 months ago. She was smaller, starved, and in bad shape. A friend of the person who found her took her in and fed her. She soon put on some weight and seemed healthy and she decided to find a good home for her. She never intended to keep the rabbit, but sexed her herself and fed it. I think she's a girl too but I'm no expert.

I let Jake meet her but they did not seem to like each other. She humped him but he did not appreciate that. And they both bit chunks of fur from each others behinds. Not sure if it's too soon for him or not because Fiona died only 3 days ago. Well after a few minutes he jumped off my bed and went into his cage. He's not terribly interested. Neither is she, I'm afraid.

Can anyone tell me what kind of rabbit this is?

IMAGE_A5F65333-E078-4ACD-8C93-06F58A06638A.JPG

IMAGE_3CFC58B7-2652-481E-9826-ED99BAED8275.JPG

IMAGE_A4D14B24-C137-4D42-8D66-579AA9593FF6.JPG

How much does she weigh? That is a big factor. Coat wise she looks like one of the chinchilla breeds to me. That might be a starting point.

Breed is Netherland Dwarf

Color could be Chinchilla or someother shaded variation of it. Its hard to tell with the lighting in the pictures

Back