Adopted a bunny, is she too thin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBrooke

Reaction score
So I adopted a bunny from someone who couldn't care for her any longer, she is about 2 years old now. A rex/lionhead mix

She seemed really thin and I've been working with her. Lots of timothy hay with a little alfalfa, leafy veggies, and some plain pellets.

I took some pictures of her because I wanted to get opinions to see if you guys think she's well enough to cut out the alfalfa, she does seem to be doing better but I'm not sure what is too thin for her. I dont really have anything to weigh her with.

https://imgur.com/a/jfATJrz

She is super sweet though, loves cuddling up to me. I've got her in an xpen with vinyl covered in carpet, a blanket, dog bowl, free feeding her timothy hay and she is puppy pad trained. (I make sure she doesn't chew it)

Thank you! None of the areas I see her bones feel sharp, so I think she may just have a lean body type. Her hips look like they stick out a lot but theyre still rounded when I feel over them.

You will probably find that most rabbits are actually overweight, which is why ‘ideal’ sized bunnies often appear thin. If the edges are rounded sounds perfect! Well done :)

She looks at a healthy weight to me. I have 3 who are like this and my vet said it is a perfect weight and size for them.
Popsickles is correct. Most rabbits are overweight x

Oh, well good! Thank you guys for your help. I'll start weaning her off the fattening stuff then i appreciate all your guys advice

Latest posts

Back