Adopt: Not Rabbits - Kittens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniferCameron

Reaction score
My boyfriends mom was at work and they found some kittens when they were moving crates with a forklift. The tried to put them back in a crate (there are hundreds there so I'm not sure how easy that was and put up some little traps to see if the mother came back, as far as they could tell she didn't. So cut to today and i am now bottle feeding these two little angels (there are three but someone else is caring for the other one, as they found them on different days. ) We took them to the vet and she said they were about 2 or 3 weeks old somewhere in the middle (we got the vet at closing so we didn't even get to weigh them, which is making feeding harder).

Anyways when these little suckers are old enough we'll be finding homes for them, they're luke and leah right now because Thomas was watching star wars last night when we got them lol.

We might have homes for them soon but just in case I thought I would post here.

I can't take them because I have two free range buns lol and my boyfriends mom can't because she has two monster male cats, that don't take well to new people/animals.

My camera is broken so I can't post photos but one is a girl and one is a boy and they're black and white.

PS: I hope it's ok that I posted this here, if not feel free to delete.

Having free range bunnies wouldn't stop you from keeping the kittens. I have cats and rabbits together all the time, and they get along great. My youngest cat, Ziggy, even likes to eat part of Max's hay, LOL. Hubby says it makes cleaning out the cat's litterpans very strange. :biggrin2:

Good luck with them though, whether you decide to keep them or find them homes. :)

Yeah but with my two bunnies I can't afford it. Plus I live in small apartment. If I could keep them I would.

When I lived in a house I had four cats, a dog and three rabbits, but you know that's a three floor house compared to a one floor apartment. My cats got along great with the rabbits and our dog. The even used to all sleep together in a big pile.

JenniferCameron wrote:
Yeah but with my two bunnies I can't afford it. Plus I live in small apartment. If I could keep them I would.
Ahh, I see. Good luck finding them homes then. :cool:

Don't let the apartment situation stop you!LOL Dana and I have 5 cats, 2 buns, 5 ferrets (ferts). All get along great. In fact Zamboni is the "Top Dog" when he is out of his cage. They all play together. The ferts and buns are all out of their cages at the same time for an average of 5 hours a day.

Makes for some interesting problem solving on all their part to get into as much stuff as they can.LOL

I've already said that I can't afford it, that I don't have enough room. Even if I magically didn't have to go to school and pay my tuition and rent and everything else there are still other people in this apartment to consider.

I'm really not trying to be rude so I apologize if I am but I don't appreciate being made to feel guilty for being responsible. It would irresponsible for me to keep these two kittens. I wouldn't be able to afford vet care for them and I'm not sure that come september I will have enough time to devote to them even if I could afford it and I had the room. It's not fair to the animals in my opinion. Before I got my rabbit I made sure that I would be able to afford to care for them properly and that I would have time to spend with them. I unfortunately don't have the money or the time for these kittens.

Again sorry if I was rude but I already feel bad that I can't give them a nice home,but I am doing what I can for them.

I should be the one to say I'm sorry; I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. Time, money, and the living situation are something everyone has to take into consideration. You nursing the kittens and finding them a good home is a hard thing to do and I admire you for that.

It's hard toget the meaning and nature of what is said when it is typed and not herd. Everyone perceives it their own way. So again I am sorry for any hard feelings.

Hey I just had a thought that might help you out. Call around to the shelters in your area and see if they have any cats that have nursing litters and see if they would take yours in and have the cat adopt them. Then they can be adopted out when they are wheened.

This is just a thought and hope it all goes well for you. I had calves as a kid and remember the early morning feedings that lasted all day only to be repeated the next day for the whole summer. Not alot of free time for a kid.lol Maybe that's the reason I hate mornings so much now?.

If you bring in an animal to the humane society here they take your name and won't let you adopt in the future.

Anyways here they are a few days ago.

100_2946.jpg

Seriously?! They won't let you adopt any animals if you find a stray and bring it in? That's ridiculous.

Yeah my dad brought in the kittens (5 of them) we found a few years ago, someone dumped them in our backyard and the mom was nowhere to be found, we even found a dead one (raccoons), so we took care of them for a few weeks but couldn't find homes so when they were like 7 weeks old he brought them in and first they told him that he was lying then they made him give them his name and address and then once he gave them the cats they said that he was on file and couldn't adopt from them.

We haven't had cats since we lived at our old house (10 years ago) so I'm pretty sure they weren't our kittens.

I hate the Toronto humane society, they're some of the rudest people you could ever meet, and I grew up wanting to work for them, so the fact that they're like that bothers me even more.

They do have to deal with alot though so.

I even know some people who came to there to adopt and the humane society cancelled the adoptions at the last moment giving no cause.

Grrr, sorry thinking of them makes me angry.

Ps- on a side note even though I can't stand them, I want to adopt older animals (animals that are very old and have been surrendered because their owners are selfish and don't want to watch then die so they bring then there to die in a little cage) from them when I get my own place. I just think that those animals deserve to live the rest of their lives in a loving home, not a sterile cage.

Well I was pretty sure it was going to happen and it did. I am taking one of the kittens and my boyfriends mom is taking the other. We live across the street from each other. We're taking them for their first shots today, and going shopping for kitty stuff tomorrow. Now not only do I have to bond my two bunnies but I also have to introduce them to the kitties. I'm reading up on it right now lol. There are pics of them in my blog.

100_3017.jpg

This is Clementine the girl whom my boyfriends mom is taking.

this is Calvin whom I am taking.

n527195306_3576535_7339.jpg

They just had their first shots, by the same vet that takes care of Charlie and Winston.

Speaking of the kittens Calvin is done eating and it's his first day away from his sister, so I have to go and play for a bit.

* I didn't want to seperate them until they were 12 weeks but my boyfriends mom insisted. I still feel super guilty as they are too young, but I've shown her the articles that state 12 weeks in the minimum and she still insisted. I can understand her because if I hadn't read all the articles I would have done the same.

Ok back to my kitten goodnight!

Latest posts

Back