Added 2nd bunny to home - can't tell what kind it is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tisha

Reaction score
My FIL found a bunny near their house the othernight. He's seen it hopping around the neighborhood a fewtimes but wasn't able to catch it until now. It's got the lopears and what not and the fur is pretty soft and longer than Mr. Lola'swhen Mr. Lola was that age...

Although, I say age and maybe I should say size? I'm going totake the bun to the vet for a check-up so maybe we can tell age then?

Anywho, here are the pics of our new addition. Not sure ifit's a HE or a SHE, yet, and our past history tells us to give it agender neutral name (example: Mr. Lola was named Lola until we foundout it was a boy and the iguana is named buddy and we think it's agirl):

normal_sniffles_3.jpg

normal_sniffles_4.jpg

normal_sniffles.jpg

normal_sniffles_5.jpg

normal_sniffles_2.jpg

~Tisha

What a gorgeous bun, I loveits fur, it looks so soft. :bunnyheart

It sure is lucky you have given it a home, I think thats reallywonderful of you! Congratulations ona cute new family member.:)

He is super soft! He's got a littlebit of matted fur, but he seems to be working on it. I don'tknow, though, how old he is and I'm not sure how big he willget. I let him and Mr. Lola play around each other brieflythis morning and then they seemed to lose interest in one another. lol

I can't tell what breed...but you might tryposting this in the Rabbitry section of the forum...they're very goodat telling breed. :)

the rabbit looks to be an american Fuzzy lop.they usually have longer fur that is more like hair and it can getmatted. i think that is what he is but i would have to see him inperson to really tell. the vet will know. he is a very cute bunny.

mandy

Thank you, Mandy. I wanted to brush itfor him but I didn't want to hurt him. He's such a gentlelittle guy, I think he was well taken care of wherever he lived - gosh,i kinda feel bad taking him home. I should put signs upbecause I wonder if someone is missing him. =(

What a cutie! :love:

I don't think someones missing him, maybe someone's poor judgement andstupidity that a domestic rabbit is better of in it's "natural"habitat. I bet it's a pet that's owner lost interestinhim/her and let him/hergo.

aww What a shame if they did lose interest -he's quite the cutie. We are for sure keeping the twoseparated because of the advice I read earlier about if there are anydiseases or what not. They met briefly for about 5 minutesand then that was it.

This little guy is such the sweetie - can trance no problem at all andhas an obsession with licking us. There is a little movie ofhim licking my forehead for some reason here:http://pics.tishagarcia.com/thumbnails.php?album=22

~Tisha

Hi

He's adorable. You are so lucky he give's youkisses. We have 4 bunnies, only one gives kissesfreely. The others run away when we try to pet them.

Soooska:apollo:

Hehe aww! Pebbles loves to give kissies. She'lllick me until she goes to get a drink of water then come racing backfor more grooming :). Hows she settling in?

Settling in okay. =) It's funny just how different these two are as far as how they hop and what not.

Sniffles runs with his back feet more out, like this \ / and Mr. Lolaruns with his back feet more straight under his body, like this | |.

We only take one out at a time because we want to make sure Mr. Loladoesn't get upset. My husband didn't know Sniffles was out sohe let Mr. Lola out and I said "omgosh, don't let Mr. Lola do anythingto him" and then you Sniffles trying to mount Mr. Lola.

EH? lol

Then they started licking each other's faces but I wanted to separatethem until I get Sniffles checked out so I put them away for a littlewhile.

Sniffles is eating just great, seems to not be scared of us, lays rightin the middle of the floor and makes us step over him/her. lol

~Tisha

When you feel Sniffles' body, does it feel muchsofter than Mr. Lola's? My Loki hopped similar to that when Ifirst got him because he didn't have enough muscles to hop normally.

Good to hear that he's settling in well! I'd recommend quaranitining him for now, too. Just in case.

As far as softer, you don't mean the fur, right? You mean his infrastructure?

Lemme go check...

Okay, I checked and it's hard to compare the two because Mr. Lola is somuch bigger than Sniffles. I don't remember what Mr. Lolafelt like when he was that little - it's been a year. Thebody feels soft, yet firm...if that's possible. lol Snifflesfeels solid - like someone had been feeding him well.

~Tisha

Latest posts

Back