Acupuncture

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocketsizedrhino

Reaction score
My vet and another vet that practices at the same clinic offers animal acupuncture and she mentioned it to me when I was there with two of my rats today. I asked if they have ever done rabbits and the other vet has. Things can apparently be done to treat stasis/respiratory issues/tooth pain. Has anyone had acupuncture done to an animal at the vet? Do you consider it a legitimate treatment option? I am curious to hear your experiences and opinions.

I have never had acupuncture done on my rabbit but I have had it done on my horse and myself. I get treated once a month for shin splints and I can honestly say that it makes a huge difference to my life. I dont know how you would convince a rabbit to stay still for the 15 minutes that it takes for the needles to stay in????? Horses are accustomed to standing still when they are tied up so that isn't an issue for them. I would be curious to know how they get the buns to stay still.

I would definitely say that it is worth a try though!

There are vets in my area that perform accupuncture. I was actually considering it for my rabbit with sludge when we had tried everything else. My normal vet thought it was okay to try. She wasn't sure it would help but didn't think it would do any harm. If there was another time where I had tried normal vet care to cure an illness and the vet thought accupuncture would help I would be willing to try it.

Latest posts

Back