Acting strange w new "toy"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kep12091

Reaction score
I got this "barn" for my bun--- she can go in it or walk to the top w the stairs however she gets inside and scratches at the sides and knocks her teeth of it...I was wondering if this is normal or if I should remove the toy...otherwise she seems to like going in it ...I thought possibly about cutting side holes in it since she was scratching at it maybe she wanted another exit?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Rabbit Forum mobile app

1382188588539.jpg

I don't think you should cut another hole in it. It sounds like normal scratching, chewing rabbit behavior. If she does manage to bite a piece off, you should remove it because it would be dangerous for her to ingest plastic. I give my rabbits cardboard houses and one of them loves to chew and dig at it until it is completely destroyed.

I don't think you should cut another hole in it. It sounds like normal scratching, chewing rabbit behavior. If she does manage to bite a piece off, you should remove it because it would be dangerous for her to ingest plastic. I give my rabbits cardboard houses and one of them loves to chew and dig at it until it is completely destroyed.

now that i think about it i should've stuck with the cardboard boxes. i have one for her with holes cut in it that she loves but it hasn't taken her long to destroy it! thank you

The scratching and digging is just her trying to expand her burrow(or make an exit). My buns like to have an entrance and exit hole in their hide boxes. If you don't think she will chew much at the plastic, you could cut an extra side hole in there.

Latest posts

Back