Acorn bit Mercury!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoragrl

Reaction score

This weekend, Acorn decided he was going to start chasing Mercury which was fine at first. Mercury (and all my cats really) is amazing when it comes to the rabbits. He has never even thought about using his claws with either of them. Then Acorn decided he was actually going to bite Mercury though. I cannot let him keep doing this because I am afraid that if Mercury gets tired of it, he will use his claws with him. I don't understandwhy this started all of a sudden. Acorn really likes Trinity, they were even grooming eachother and cuddling this weekend. So far it is just Mercury and just the one time but I was wondering if anyone here had any tips on dealing with this if it does happen again. Basically, I need to stop it before it does become a problem.

I used a squirt bottle on my cats but nothing has worked for the buns. I have to keep my cats and oldest female bun separated because she(bun) is really aggressive with them. The squirt bottle only works on some buns because some of them just don't care.

We've tried using a spray bottle as well on our aggressive cat, to no avail:grumpy:. She's simply too rough and doesn't listen well, so I was going to seek out a couple of friends I have in mind to help me with training a cat to chill around buns. Let me know if you need help in this exact position. I'll see what I can help you with.;)

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Haley wrote:
What about getting some of those stick on claw caps for cats? That waythey cant hurt the bunny?
What are those, Haley?:shock: Never heard of them, awesome. Letus know.:D

I think Haley is reffering to "Soft Paws".

But I think angoragrl is having problems with her bunny attacking her cat! Maybe you could try some bonding techniques? Like car rides, or washing basket rides?

Back