accouple stupid questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesCarden

Reaction score
How old are most rabbits when they reach there full size? My rabbits are a mix if thats helps.

How long does a Doe stay pregnant before she has a litter?

why is it that when 2 rabbits that are totally different colorshave a litter of babies that look like one of them but not at all like the other parent(why not like when a black human has a child with a white human...your child is a in-between color). anyone have a link to a page that talks about rabbit genetics? i just dont get it!

THANKS!

James

If I remember correctly...

Smaller breeds reach their full size by 5-6 months and it can take larger breeds up to a year. I may be totally wrong on that, others will come along and correct me if so :p.

The last two questions will be answered by others soon. I can never remember if a doe's gestation period is 30 or 31 days.

I just woke up :headsmack.

i think you right on the ages of maturity 6mos to a year depending on breed.

28-31 days gestation depending on a breed.

and as far as colo genetics go...

dont think skin color, think hair color!

if a brunet and a blond have a baby depending on the parents it is mor like ly to have brown hair, because darker colors are dominat in humans.

soooo...

here is the bunny genes!

http://www.kolumbus.fi/sarakontu/link/rablinks.html

there are different breed and color typs on here.

The BEW (Blue eyed whites)really interrest me. I think there so cool. I've always liked white rabbits...but the pink/red eyes kinda creep me out. now that i know theres rabbits with bright blue eyes and a silky white coat makes me really want one....

James

Color is in there genes. Like humans they can have a nlue eyes blond shild and both be brown eyed brown haired couple. It could be that the child looks like a grandparent. All in the genes.

Just a comment so you know - the "in between" you speak of - is most common like brown or hazel eyes..... We have a family member who has 4 bi-racial children. Same parents and all girls. The first girl was a medium color, the second darker and the third was quite light... the forth is similar to the second. They all have different types of hair - varying from medium brown to black - wavy to tight curls.

It's the luck of the draw! LOL!

Latest posts

Back