Accents

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best Liked: German. i hear it so much with our friends i'm starting to not hear it at all, LOL! but i don't have any problems figuring out what they're saying any more:p. and it's a nice accent, soft. like 'the' sounds more like 'fthe'; anything with 'th' sounds more like 'fth':dude:. i've gotten used to it and now i really like it!

Worst Liked: i don't know. i'm sick of hearing Spanish out(in the stores and stuff). and having to pick through all the different languages to get to the English instructions.

Hard to Understand: ? i don't really know.

Easy to Understand: German. i heari at lest three times a week, LOL!:biggrin2:

i would say that i am very nasaly. . .i have the classic american sound, but michigan, moreso, northern lower michigan tend to sound extremly nasily. . .

although, since i am raised so northern, close enough to the up and around enough uppers, i sometimes sound like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1wvUSkG8hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1wvUSkG8hg[/ame]

*escanaba in da moonlight* explains my upbringing. . .

"dontcha know"

love irish accents, not to keen on asian accents, i can understand my own the best, and can't understand asian. . .

Okay, so I am totally weird, but I LOVE accents. I think that it is so amazing how people in the same country (or state or privince) and who speak the same language can have such unique variances in their wording, pronunciation, and speech patterns.

I would guess that in someone else's opion, every one of us has an accent.

mine: Whatever someone from eastern PA sounds like (definitely not Philly or NJ, but not PA Dutch, either)

favorite: There's a distinct accent of persons residing in a few small towns near my home town. Many of the folks who settled there were 1st generation Americans - children of E European immigrants. There's no way to describe it...and unless you are from the area you might not even notice it. But when I hear someone talk that way it reminds me of family, home, and just gives me a nostalgic feeling. I also LOVE to listen to people from the UK speak...not so much for theaccent, but for their wording. And, of course I love to hear a good, thick Polish accent - my ancestry!

least favorite: Any that I have difficulty understanding at a given moment. Especially when speaking on the phone. I always feel like a moron asking people to repeat themselves over and over - I so do not want to be rude to them.

hardest to understand: Indian

easiest to understand: PA Dutch (Dutchie accents make me chuckle)

Mine: I suppose regular eastern shore american english (is there such a thing) with a very very very mild chinese influence, apparently enough to make my words sound clipped enough to be mistaken for an English accent sometimes. Don't know how, but I suppose it's cool. Sad to say, I don't know if I have a NJ accent, because I don't know what a NJ accent sounds like. As far as I know, the ppl around me speak the same as my coz's bf from Indiana.

Best liked: dunno

Worst liked: heavy chinese/indian

Hard to understand: same as above, plus scottish and australian

Easiest: English

Best Liked? New Zealand I think, or Australian.

Worst Liked? Middle eastern I would say. Its too boobity joobery. I worked at a pet store for a long time and we ofered financing for the puppies... and I would have to fill out their paperwork and call it in to this company and it was always middle eastern people and i had to ask them to repeat themselves like 80 times.

Hard to Understand? see above.

Easy to Understand? .... theres many. But I guess Canadian.

ETC...
I worked up at the Pennsic wats once and it's a big deal so people come from all over the world and I got to hear all kinds of accents and some New Zealand guy kept trying to get me to properly pronounce'' g''day''. We were at it for a while. I kept swearing I had it and then he would correct me.

Latest posts

Back