Absent rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems getting noticeswhen a post you are watching is replied to? THere are some days I onlypop in if i get an email saying there is a reply..and i realized thatat times there could be 10 replies and no email..

At any rate that was not hte purose of this email... While quite oftenI'm the quiet lurker adding a post here and there, I may be quiteinvisable for the next few weeks. Some Of you know we've been trying tosell our house and buy another, today we were made an offer on ourhouse we accepted, asking price even.. So life will be extreamly heticand busy the new few weeks with lots of packing, bank and buildinginspectors, of course work, abd everything else that goes along withmoving. I will be sure to post once things have been moved.. but mostlikely not quite settled as that cantake weeks after a move to getorganized.. The new house Promises the buns a huge area all tothemselves, and space to build a "play room" that never needs to bedissembled. wish us luck please, as we just signed theacceptance today.... hope to talk to you all soon.. or at least be backto lurking ;)LOL

I've had that feeling also recently -- I didn'tpay much attention, but it seemed like a lot of email notices weren'tcoming through.

Pam

You only get an email about a reply if someonepressed the "Reply" button on your post! That means if I was to answeryour post and click the "reply" button on top of your post, you wouldget the email saying someone replied. If someone was to reply to yourpost but click on the "Reply" button above my post, I'd get the emailsent to me instead.

P.S.- I just turn that email notification thing off! It's annoying.

You signed an acceptance letter today? Woo hoo! Congratulations!! :dude:

We'll be here waiting for you and missing you, Gabby. Hope the move goes well.

:)

-Carolyn

P.S. I always turn the "Notify me" post off. It's way too many emails to catch up with.

Loved the name of this post! :dude:

Good luck, Gabby, we shall miss you. Hopeeverything goes smoothly. BTW, yes, I sometimes go to a post I'vepreviously been watching and there are new posts, but I've had noemail, and I haven't unchecked the 'notify' me box:?- Jan

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
You only get an email about a reply if someone pressed the"Reply" button on your post! That means if I was to answer your postand click the "reply" button on top of your post, you would get theemail saying someone replied. If someone was to reply to your post butclick on the "Reply" button above my post, I'd get the email sent to meinstead.

P.S.- I just turn that email notification thing off! It's annoying.
hardly seems correct, i know i got to the end and hit reply onthe last post posted quite often when replying, and i'll be respondingto the first person or at least someone else. By that token they shouldhave our named as "mybunnyboys replys to gabby" or some suchthing.. all this time i figured reply was for the old post.. that onething i do miss about the old forum how you could reply to certainpeople and no one had to guess who you were replying too.. things likewhen someone LOL at someone but never puts a name and 3people could have made a funny and they are only LOL at one of them..any rate just picking on details....

Carolyn wrote:
You signed an acceptance letter today? Woo hoo! Congratulations!! :dude:

We'll be here waiting for you and missing you, Gabby. Hope the move goes well.

:)

-Carolyn

P.S. I always turn the "Notify me" post off. It's way too many emails to catch up with.

Loved the name of this post! :dude:
Yes you remember how i told you were were showing the houseat 10:30 this morning? the people had i guess decided theywanted the house before they even veiwed it, just by the specsonline. one their kids left his hat here when we got home wefound it and called the agent, she returned to get the hat and had afolder with a retainer check, they are pre approxed for a loan, and arewill to give us asking price.. course next is the insectors andsuch...we signedthe papers because unless someone goes overasking price you can't get better than that.. now for a down paymentand all the paper work... *headache city*

LOL thanks... it prob should have said absentrabbitS LOL we will see how things go on how long it will take us andwhen i'm availble.. they have to have it inspected within 10 days ofthe letter signed or forgo the inspection, but the bank or morgage costill has to inspect it... On a very sad side note despite thecloseness of the pending move I'm not sure Crescent will see the newhouse. so I'm filled with mixed feelings currently.....

LuvaBun wrote:
Good luck, Gabby, we shall miss you. Hope everything goessmoothly. BTW, yes, I sometimes go to a post I've previously beenwatching and there are new posts, but I've had no email, and I haven'tunchecked the 'notify' me box:?- Jan
thanks, i hope for as smooth of atransition as possible...

Well that's the sense I made of it when I used torecieve email notifications. Not all boards are set up to put names inthe emails. It just always seemed that I only got the odd email about areply and the only thing that made sense was what I posted.

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Well that's the sense I made of it when I used to recieveemail notifications. Not all boards are set up to put names in theemails. It just always seemed that I only got the odd email about areply and the only thing that made sense was what I posted.
wish i knew more about that type of stuff i'd design my own type of board with all the "good features" lol

Good luck with the move! I get so excited with my bunny questions, I often sit and just click refresh.....

I'm on holidays from school (teaching, not a student) and loving it!Back to work on Tuesday though, and the perils of chasing Year 11coursework in time for deadline. I want to stay with the bunnies! ;)

You know, I think that sometimes we reply to ageneral thread and not necessarily a post. If that happens,it wouldn't notify you would it? Unless you are watching a topic?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You know, I think that sometimes we reply to a generalthread and not necessarily a post. If that happens, itwouldn't notify you would it? Unless you are watching a topic?
i got an email saying that you had replied with this message,so you tell me lol

Latest posts

Back