About Dutch and English Stop breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kangaroog311

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new bunny owner. I have a male Dutch named Cadbury and a female English stop named Sprinkles. Can anyone tell me more about these breeds?

Cadbury is into everything and always wants to explore and loves toys. He is great with people and will eat out of my hand but he bites sometimes I don't know if they are love bites of what...do bunnies give love bites? If you have any info about Dutch bunnies let me know...:)

Sprinkles is shy and clam and will sit on the couch with me forever without having any accidents she is just a sweetheart . She has a long coat and sheds non stop is there anything I could do to reduce her shedding? Or if you know about English Stops let me know...

Also anyone know how to tell if a bunny is pregnant before she starts to show? No one told me not to put Cadbury (male) and Sprinkles (female) together after he got neutered and that I need to keep them apart for a month :shock: thanks for all the help and info

You mean English spot, I guess.

Reading the information in the library section of the forum will help answer many of your questions. Also the breeds information, etc.

Our Dutchies are very social. Do you mean English Lop--the ones with the huge ears? Or English Spot? And yes, the males can retain and distribute sperm for up to 6 weeks--oops. Don't know why the vet didn't say anything. Good Luck.

Welcome to the Forum. You can find some good info in the Library about your breeds. Dutches are sweeties and English Spot or Lop are just big sweeties.

Sorry to hear that your Vet didn't tell you about males holding on to sperm after neutering. Dr. Joe told me that when we went in for our initial check up. Reminding me not to put either of my males with does until after the time frame the sperm dies.

Hoping your female is not pregnant. Just observe her. Shame females do have false pregnancies by pulling hair and nesting so if you see that, just hope no babies follow.

Wishing you all the luck with your bunnies. Keep us posted on what happens.

K :)

Latest posts

Back