A-Z of safe veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandshawn

Reaction score

Treats safe for rabbits

Here is a list is a list of vegetables, that are safe for your rabbit to eat.

But Please be sensible when feeding these items to your rabbit, a newitem has to be introduced to you rabbits diet gradually over as long aperiod as possible. The high sugar of some fruits and vegetables meansthat you will need to moderate the amount you fed as excess sugar cancause diarrhoea and obesity, to many green’s will also cause diarrhoea.

Rabbits like some humans have a sweet tooth and left to their owndevices they will devour sugary foods instead of the healthy ones.Please remember only feed tour rabbit items that have been collectedfrom a pesticide and dog free area, also wash everything before feeding.

Safe vegetables for rabbits

A

Alfalfa sprouts

Artichoke (Jerusalem)

Asparagus

B

Beetroot greens (tops)

Bok choy

Broccoli (mostly leaves and stems)

Brussels sprouts*

C

Carrots, carrot tops and roots*

Celery

Collard Greens

Chard

Cucumber

Chickory

Celeriac

Chinese leaf

Cabbage*

Cauliflower* (and leaves)

Corn

E

Endive

Escarole

F

Fennel

G

Green peppers*

H

Horseradish

K

Kale !*

Kohlrabi (part of cabbage family)

L

Lettuce* (Romany red and green, Not Iceberg)

M

Mustard greens*

P

Pea pods* (flat edible kind)

Parsnip

Pumpkin

R

Radicchio

Radish tops (greens)

S

Spinach!*

Snow peas

Sugar beet

Summer squash

Swede

Soya* (fresh beans)

Swiss chard

T

Turnip*

Tomato* (fruit only as greens are toxic)

W

Watercress*

Wheat grass

Y

Yam

Z

Zucchini

* =To be fed in moderation only

!* =Use sparingly, high in either oxalates or goitrogens and may be toxic in accumulated quantities over a period of time

This list has been compiled from other lists & resources.

Great Post !

I have a question tho, its about Alfalfa sprouts , I had beenwarned by a few Alfalfasprouts tend to grow mold ,which can cause problems withthe Rabbits digestive systems .Did it mention any specific wayto prepare them so no mold is gettingFed along with the sprouts ?

gypsy wrote:
Great Post !

I have a question tho, its about Alfalfa sprouts , I had beenwarned by a few Alfalfasprouts tend to grow mold ,which can cause problems withthe Rabbits digestive systems .Did it mention any specific wayto prepare them so no mold is gettingFed along with the sprouts ?
I will see what I can find out

Back