A Weatherly moment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
On Sunday we had temps in the high 60s (Fahrenheit)... I have not been riding since Dipper left and my last elbow surgery.

I saddled Weatherly, my 3 year old Morgan who is in the process of learning how to be a mannerly horse. She was good but I knew her well enough to put her on the longe line to work out the bucks and rears and leaps....

She squealed loudly and proceeded to gallop and leap into the air with all four feet off the ground and her tail straight up like a flag...my hubby looked at her then at me and asked me if I was sure I wanted to get on her...

After 10 minutes on the line, she was acting like she got her ya-yas out and she let me get on. For the first time ever on my property, we rode around for a half and hour and she was well-mannered - I think she knows where her dinner comes from!

She was very good for me and I still cannot believe what a good girl she was. My surgeon was probably sweating bullets if he was watching as he is my neighbor!

I so love this horse!!!

Denise

Thats awesome!!!
my 27 year old appy gelding is like that too if he's not ridden more consistantly. i haven't been on him in a couple months now because of my feet, so lounge line here I come next week or so.
I'll bet it felt really good. I can't wait for a break from my feet to get on the old man.
Tis a shame you couldn't get pictures of her high flying though, they are always funny to look at.

I will have to try - I know when Weatherly flags her tail that it means nothing but excitement and that means trouble... and then there is that loud squeal of hers....

The colder weather we are having means she gets a little higher... will have to try to get pics this weekend.

We had a delivery of shavings last night and even Saoirse was full of herself - rearing, bucking, and dancing... but a pee wee miniature foal is a lot easier to handle. LOL

Denise

Weatherly moment #2 -

Rode yesterday (Saturday - suffering from major insomnia right now on Sunday AM) and even with a neighbor shooting clays, and riding without a bit - just in a halter with reins attached, Weatherly was so good for me - she did not want to go on the longe line - she gave a half-hearted squeal and buck and stopped to stare at me as if to say, "OK, let's get on with it."

She wanted Quinn to walk with her and he was a good companion... although he found some wild animal poop to roll in :nonono::pullhair::yuck - we then continued around the pond and did some trailblazing through tall grass...

Weatherly was convinced there was a deer hiding in the hedgerow so it took some convincing to get her around one side of the pond but she was good and I did get to trot her for the first time in my own fields... without a bit and she was not strong or wild.

Temps are to be 63 Fahrenheit here today so I will be out again.

The warm weather has Roxanne doing her binkies again... she was doing rippin' rabbit in her pen and added the binkies when she saw me.

Denise

And today the weather changed - got colder and windier but I decided to squeeze another ride in. Weatherly was on her toes today - didn't misbehave but I could feel the potential as she walked faster, had her head up and ears pricked forward...yet she was manageable.

Weekends never last long enough...

Denise

Back