A Water Bottle that doesn't suck and timothy with marigolds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
I have gone thru about 3 water bottles in the last few weeks. The first one worked ok but leaked, and was noisy as heck. The second one was quiet, but it was cheap and broke, so I tossed it. I bought one of those flip-top water bottles, I believe by Lixit, that instead of a ball at the end has a little pin (with a blunt tip) that the bunnies lick. It seems sturdy and everything and I really liked it.

But it's been leaking again! After filling it up, leaving in the morning, and coming home, it was empty. And it's one of the big bottles. Upon switching the bunnies back onto Carefresh ultra, I discovered that it wasn't pee that was making the big wet spots in the bedding, but the water from this bottle. I'm so frustrated! Has anyone found a waterbottle that doesn't leak all over the place?! Suggestions?

Secondly, I discovered that Kaytee is now selling timothy hay with various additives, including carrot chunks, mint leaves, and marigold. I don't normally buy Kaytee hay, but it was nice and green and smelled fragrant thru the bag, so I purchased it. I bought the kind with marigolds. Ok, the bunnies have gone nuts over it. Whenever I put it out, they don't leave it alone. Anyone else see this hay/try it? I normally only buy Oxbow or Sweet Meadow, but I thought it was pretty cool. Also, I tried some of that timothy hay salad with the tomatoes/peas on top, gave Erik and Sofie a little, and they quite liked it. They liked the flower one, too, but they didn't eat the little pinecones...

Thirdly, does anyone have any idea where raspberry or blackberry leaves can be purchased? These are good leaves for bunnies to eat, but I don't know if people actually eat them or just get them off of their own plants.

I will have some pictures in a bit...just wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestions?

Ivory wrote:
I bought the kind with marigolds. Ok, the bunnies have gone nuts over it. Whenever I put it out, they don't leave it alone. Anyone else see this hay/try it?
i buy a version of this from my local pets at home - my little gastrobuns also went nuts for it. a favourite addition to the hay selection. they also like the one with dandelions even they wont touch any that grown in their garden:rollseyes

I guess it's hit 'n miss with the water bottles around our house. I have (2) 64oz.Lixit that have worked very well for us for the outside pen.

The other 4 I have in the cages are the largest Wal-mart cage bottles I could find - so far, only one has leaked that I've had to replace.

Haven't seen any hay like that, but I ordered a 45lb.box from Kleenmama's a while ago so haven't really been checking out the pet-stores hay selection.

I make my own for the buns. We grow several herbs in our garden, and at the end of the summer we pick any that are remaining and dry them.
We often have a mixture of different basils, mints, lemonbalm, anise hysop, and any other herbs we can dry.
This year I'm trying to grow marigolds, next year I want to also add chamomile.
She also likes dried rose petals and buds.

Back