A Solution for Incessant Chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no doubt it is effective. Lol. I surely wouldn't enjoy a zap. I am only saying that for me personally, I prefer other methods. I can understand how unpleasant it is when you have a nasty chewer, which you obviously have in your case.

Out of curiosity, have your bun's teeth been checked? Maybe they bother and that's why it feels the need to chew more? Maybe you can't notice it because it chews so much that they are grinded down...

Just out of curiosity :)

Usagi_Chan wrote:
MsBinky: Living in Montreal I'm certain that during dry winter days you've got a shock from a door knob after walking across a rug... not exactly fun, annoying but certainly not intolerable. The shock from the scat-mat is very similar. I'd bet that after that you were careful and learned to avoid it. So it has been with Thumper; she now avoids the futon and the sheets and futon cover are safe. And... she is NOT getting shocked any more.

As Randy has suggested many times, both my buns are fed mostly timothy hay, which makes for healthy teeth and digestive system. I give them small amounts of various fresh veggies through the day as treats. Other than pellets used for training they each get 2 tablespoons at the end of each day, timothy hay-based pellets.

She has plenty to chew on and she's healthy as a horse, eeerrrr... rabbit. :)

I'm sorry if I sounded crabby but I'm tired of seeing this thread end up as me defending myself because some of the posters seem to be implying that I'm cruel. This thread should be about, and started as an aid to people who might appreciate something that works to block off an area.

Usagi_Chan

You should have known this type of thread would drum up some pretty strong feelings on this - and people are entitled to their opinion.

I personally think this is a cruel method - i havent said one derogeratry word about you.

Latest posts

Back