A series of sneezes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
Good evening,

I haven't posted in awhile, I've been a bit on the busy side.I just came in from work and the first thing I heard was Babysneezing. She doesn't usually do this. She had aseries of about 5-7 sneezes right together. Everything thingelse appears fine, and I just let her out of her cage to play and she'sacting completely normal. Can anyone tell me what else to bewatchful for?

Thanks

Babymommy

It's very possible she just got her nose tickleda bit by hay or dust. But signs of infection includemucus-like discharge from the nose or eyes. If she issneezing often it's probably a sign it's more than just a littletickle, but may not mean infection. Sometimes new situationscan be stressfull and cause a little cold. Also check herfront paws for matted fur or little globs of gunk. She'llprobably clean her nose often if it's runny and checking the paws are agreat way to tell if there has been mucus on her face. If themucus is whitish or thick it's a sign it might be due to aninfection. So keep an eye on her little nose and see if it'smoist or gooey. If you notice mucus and it doesn't clear up Iwould take her to the vet and get her on a round of antibiotics.

Thanks. My daughter was home with hertoday and said that was the first time she hear Baby do that.So hopefully it's just a tickle. But I will keep an eye out,if she will let me look at her paws.............she's not verycooperative. They call her "Bad girl" at the vet.:p

When I check Howie's paws and groom out the goopwhen he was sneezing alot I popped him over on his back and rested hisspine between my legs and sort snuggled him down in there.Sometimes he'll actually trance which makes it so easy, and sometimeshe's coherent but won't squirm too much. I usuallyhold him steady there for a short time to get him used to the idea ofbeing still in the position and then to my tummy checks. He'sa jersey wooly so I've gotta groom his belly for him. :)

How old is Baby? Has she been outdoors or exposed to any other animals?

Lissa,

Baby is right over a year. And NOOOO, she's an indoorgirl. She didn't sneeze anymore last night or thismorning. No other signs of trouble. I'm guessingit's the tickle of nose thing. But I will continue to keep aneye out just in case. I went home at lunch and she wasimmediately begging for treats!

Babymommy

Back