A science debate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main problems with all religions is that "theirs" is the only true religion and all others are "infidels". They also ignore facts--Dinosaurs being a big one as well as the time it took to get the universe to what it is today. Next, they all profess to know what God is "thinking". I especially love how the Christians have co-opted all the Pagan celebrations as well as the quotes from Kung Fu Tzu (Confucius) that have been re-written and attributed to Christ. The there is Christ himself and how the catholic church has re-written everything to suit themselves--the census that Mary and Joseph had to travel to attend was in March and April not December and by the timeline provided the person that wanted it done had been dead for more than 2 years. Not to mention all of the other writings that have been edited out as the church became more male centric and dominated by the rich families. Pope Leo the 1oth had 14 illegitimate children and was the cause of Luther's break away. To sum up my feelings and beliefs, I truly believe that in 100 years I won't care about any of this, maybe sooner!

Yes that's true.

I'm not really any sort of religion.

Evolutionism makes tons more sense. However, I think maybe life had a little help getting started...?

I also believe in an afterlife. There is actually some scientific evidence of this. When you die, your body loses a bit of weight. This could be the soul. Also, there was a lady who was blind, died, then the scientists brought her back somehow. She had seen the cars on the roof. They went up there to check, and they were in the exact same pattern as she had said!

So, I'm not a creationist, but I believe in some sort of "help."

I am a firm Christian, so I believe creation is real. If you look around, do you think all of the beautiful things around you could have happened by random chance? No. Someone had to make them, a designer. And here's some evidence for you!

http://www.bestbiblescience.org/top.htm

I'm a mix of both. My mother raised me Christian, and despite the willing to detach myself from that, in my head when you mention God I instinctively believe in him and see a real person, but I also agree that the Bible has huge holes in it and the fact that the Church used to charge people to have their sins forgiven was a huge clue to me that perhaps the religion we see today was not the religion that was intended to exist. The Christians believe that God protects the Bible and have faith that it is true, and I do not have that faith, I simply believe in God because my mother pretty much hammered the idea of "Him" too deep into my head x)

With THAT said:

So I do not believe in the creation story at all. I believe that God painted a picture and let science have his course, unfortunately this is the only explanation I can give myself without feeling like a complete liar from one end of another, I believe in God, but I believe in science, lol. He made the beginning, he didn't make the Lion what it is, he didn't make the Saber Tooth Tiger what it was and most definitely one man did not name these animals and then when the tower of babel fell they miraculously became different names in the different languages. He made the ingredients, threw them into a pot and then left and everything took course from there.

A cat shares less genetic make up to a tiger than a monkey to us, and yet we have no argument that a cat and a tiger are related...

Last edited:
I was also raised Christian, and I do still pray on occasion as a way to sort of help myself through things sometimes, but I'm not so much a believer in God as I am the sort of person to think that there's some sort of higher power. Whether that power be God or whatever, I don't know, but it's nice to think of when looking at a sunrise instead thinking about light and refraction etc. lol.

On the topic of creation vs evolution, and I'll throw in the big bang too. I wish more people could accept both theories in what I'll call a uniting theory whereby yes God (or whoever you believe in) created the universe, and he did so via the big bang. The story in Genesis is simply an interpretation of that process without any scientific knowledge. Or at least that's how I see it. I am however, very much an avid supporter of evolution. It is all around us after all, a good point to make here is that the formation of new rabbit/dog/cat breeds is simply a sped up form of selective evolution. What is evolution after all but the change of one living thing, into something slightly different/better/more advanced. What is a greyhound but an advanced wolf? We've simply sped up the process by selecting for it ourselves. But it is still evolution. Evolution is extremely fascinating, much more fascinating to me than the sudden appearance of an eye on something that previously didn't have eyes. Because evolution is not only about genetics, but also behaviours, and survival within the environment etc etc.

I believe in evolution, the big bang and dinosaurs and I believe in god... so i am no help - I also identify as Catholic.
You don't have to see something to know it's there or true.

If your interested, Bill Bryson's "a short history of nearly everything" is defiantly worth a read

I've heard that's a good read from multiple people, but I've never actually gotten around to picking it up and doing so. Might have to be on the list for the next library visit :)

Latest posts

Back