A Scare Just Now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monklover

Reaction score
Buddy was outside playing and we picked Roxie up to groom her and forgot to close her cage. While we were holding her, Buddy went into her cage. We went to put Roxie back and didn't see Buddy because he was under her box. I was inside and I heard something clanking. I looked outside to see Buddy and Roxie fighting. :shock:

They only fought for about 15 seconds and neither were hurt. We checked them all over. They are both fine.

Will this be a bit harder for them to bond now that it was their first actual fight for longer than 2 seconds?

Megan

Sounds more like a scuffle than a fight.:) Don't imagine Roxie was too impressed with ANYBUNNY invading her territory.

But if they didn't immediately get into a major fight, this is actually good news! This was a worst-case scenario for the fight club, and it really wasn't bad at all!

Good luck!

sas :goodluck

I agree, probably just a little scuffle. Roxie probably just wanted to remind Buddy he was in her territory and she was the boss. ;)

It can be tricky with their fur to find any bites or scratches.I would check tomorrow and a few days after again just to make sure there isn't anything you've missed. I've found bites I hadn't noticed before because they were hidden in all the fur.

I don't think it will affect bonding :).

You know, Cloverbunny doesn't like anyone in her cage but she's not nasty about it. She let our guinea pig in right off (I miss him :( ) and Bo's been in there. Now if someone went into Bo's cage - he'd likely go for the throat. :shock:

Glad everyone is ok :)

Thanks everyone! It seems like it was just a scuffle because when Hannah put Roxie in, they didn't fight and she didn't even notcie Buddy was in there until we looked out the window to see them!

I wouldn't want someone to just randomly come into my house! Roxie didn't want Buddy to invade her territory.

Oh trust me it gave quite a scare. I started crying!:shock: I thought it was my fault cuz i didnt notice buddy was in there!:(now i realize it was just i couldnt see him

Awwww, that is scary. I would have been worried too. I am glad neither was seriously hurt. I do not think bonding them will be any harder. Hopefully Buddy learned his lesson and won't be an uninvited guest again :p

Latest posts

Back