A Re-introduction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azerane

Mod at Large
Reaction score
Hello all,

just thought I'd re-introduce myself here as it's been a couple of years since my last post I believe. I have previously owned rabbits, but have not owned one for several years now. However I'm finally in a situation where I'm able to get one again. Needless to say I'm ridiculously excited and have been reading up on everything, checking out my local stores for feed, finding the best local rabbit vet etc.

Sunday is the day that I get to see my prospective rabbit. The owner has 3 available so I'm going to go and see them and hopefully one in particular will stand out in terms of liking me and personality. I secretly hope it's the male because I haven't been able to think of any female names yet, lol.

General info about me: 25yrs, from South Australia, favourite hobby is birdwatching and photography. If I end up with a rabbit, I'll be sure to post an image or two to share :)

Last edited:
Thank you, I'm certainly trying to be :) There's bound to be something I've forgotten though!

Here's a bunny update. I went out today to view the rabbits I was interested in. Very trustworthy person, she had a great set-up and of course the buns were adorable. I held the male and one of the females and decided to go for the male. He's a 16 week old Smoke Pearl Marten, really beautiful and very smart. He figured out the treat ball in under a minute! He's going to be an outside bun, but he's had the run of the laundry for most of the day because it's simply too hot outside.

I'm still undecided on a name and would appreciate any suggestions. I was thinking of calling him Bandit, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Here he is:
IMG_4664Banditsm_zpsc632f637.jpg

IMG_4669Banditsm_zps1882e3b2.jpg

IMG_4674Banditsm_zpsbcc7b0d1.jpg

And a video of him playing with the treat ball, the clever fellow: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zcZKK5xp_g[/ame]
Also, he did a couple of poos outside of the litter box, so I put them and the few that followed in there. He seems to have gotten the hint and hasn't done a single one outside the box since! He even peed in the box too! Not sure if it will translate to only going in one corner of his hutch, but we'll see. It's a good start anyway.

Lovely bunny, his colouring is so beautiful and I love that white trim, his tail is also so cute.

I like Bandit too but then I´m partial to that name. One of mine is called Bandido, the spanish version but on here, he´s know as Bandy.

Welcome back and I´m sure he´ll settle in with you. Do keep us posted on how he´s doing as would love to see more pics and videos of him.

Thank you so much everyone, he's been doing really well so far and is slowly coming out of his shell a little more and being less shy of me.

He is gorgeous. We had a gigantic male lop that loved to play fetch with a wicker ball--I'd throw it and he'd chase it, bring it back and drop it by my feet and we'd do it again. As to the name, with his gorgeous coloring I'd name him "Smokey".

Latest posts

Back