A random question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
I was thinking about how I see people on the forum, i.e. friends, acquaintances, etc. I was thinking that on a place I spend so much time I only know one person and don't really know anyone else.

I realised I have one person I would call a friend.

I have a few people I have alienated (accidently, but hey), the rest of the people here I see as people to chat randomly to, to exchange nice-eties but probably not peopleI would confide in or seek out for help. Some people I sort of feel a connection with and if they post for help I have a tendency to make every effort to reply to those posts and will reach out if I can.

I just wondered how everyone else viewed people here? Also, is it different from other forums you are on? (in general)

I think you find people that you connect with - sometimes it's just one person and sometimes you find more.

I know there are TONS of people on here I would chat with on a regular basis.

.. but I only havea few that aregood friends that outside the world of the forum, we are friends also, afew have been over to my house and I would definately have them over again (if only they lived closer!!), there is someone who lives down my street and I see her often and we keep in touch (although she is not on the forum anymore)..

So I think it's an individual thing. For the first couple years I was on the forum, I had lots of aquaintences, but it's only in the last year or so that I have really connected with some other folks around the forum on a 'friend' level.

I have some very close friends from here, ones that I chat with pretty much every single day for hours on IM programs, who I share all my pictures, stories, secrets, hopes and despairs with, the others I don't see as much but when I do we talk waaay too much and have lots of silly laughs.

I have a few aquaintences who I only seem to talk to when we collide over an issue, like jointly complaining about something or saying something is sad.

A couple of people don't like me and I don't like them because we just clash.

Lots of people I really think are cool but I'm too shy to really talk to them. Or I'm paranoid they wont like me.

Some people I was friends with once then they moved on to bigger and better things.

This is the only forum where I've really found that level of friendship on. Another forum (not an animal one) that I joined back in 2003, the people I know on there, I know less about than the people I've barely just met on RO.

I don't know anyone on here in person, but I would be more than happy to open my home to most people on this forum. I may not feel particularly close to some people, but I feel they're trustworthy and if anyone makes their way into Anchorage they should look me up :)

Maybe we should post a "get to know me" survey (like you see all day in myspace bullitans) to help people get to know each other. There may be more friends waiting to be found. ;)I think I'llgolook for one...

Hmm, good question. :)

A few months ago, I talked to quite a few people very regularly on MSN, but since school started again I cannot go on MSN or I will get NO work done :shock::p (JESS!! :grumpy: :p:p) so have sort of lost contact with them. :? So I dunno..

I haven't ever met anyone from the forum. :( (Wonder if it's got something to do with where I live.. ;) )

I'd definitely like to be friends with a lot of people on here, as I like you all so much! :D And maybe someday I will be, but I guess as I'm younger people wouldn't be as interested. :?

PFFT! I like the younger crowd :D, so no excuses Michaela!

I haven't met any of my friends from here, only talked to them online but I still consider them friends.

However a couple of people I met in real life, then told them about RO so they came on (then drifted away, grrr).

NZminilops wrote:
PFFT! I like the younger crowd :D, so no excuses Michaela!

I haven't met any of my friends from here, only talked to them online but I still consider them friends.

However a couple of people I met in real life, then told them about RO so they came on (then drifted away, grrr).
LOL! I'll probably come on a bit over xmas, thank god I'm all caught up on coursework so it'll be a bit of a rest. We need to catch up! :D :hug:

Is it bad that I have never told anyone in real life about this forum? :baghead (I love how we call it "real life" haha). I don't know any bunny people to tell! :(

:nonono: (<< This is my grring with you at the drifters, btw.)

Haha, I know! Real life...there are NO bunny people in my real life, even the ones that HAVE bunnies I wouldn't call bunny people. More like "cute accessory" or "breeding project" people.

I feel like I have met a lot of great friends on here. I havent really been a member all that long but, as you can see, I post a lot ;)

There a lot of people here who Ive never chatted with outside the forum, but I still feel like they are my friends and Im always interested in whats going on with them and their bunnies. There are also afew people here who I have been fortunate enough to meet personally (due to transports etc) and I wish we were closer! Its so much fun to meet people and get to know their bunnies in real life :)

I don't feel like I have any real friends on here. I would LOVE to be friends with everyone. All of you are so great! There are no bunny people in my real life either.

I haven't been on the forum very long, but I like everyone here! Of course there are some people whose posts I always respond to (often because I love their bunnies). I wouldn't really consider anyone on the forum to be a "friend" yet, not because I don't like them, just because I haven't been here really long I guess. I consider everyone to be potential friends though and like talking to everyone. I would be thrilled to meet anyone from this forum in person, though! Maybe I can meet Tundrakatiebean sometime since we live in the same state and I go to Anchorage once or twice a year.

I actually am fortunate enough to have a few real friends from here that I talk to via IM. It's great. I couldn't ask for more. It really makes me feel good to know that I have real friends that I have never "met" in real life, but I know them in real life. They help me out with my sad times and cheer me in my happy ones, for that, I can't ask for more. I'm very thankful!;)

I'd like to make more for sure. I have no bunny people here either, it's sad. Let's huddle together and befriend each other.:biggrin2:

The only person on RO that I have met is Randy (on a transport). On another bunny forum I belong to, I have met around 14 people - many more than once. A few I have become good friends with. I went to one girl's wedding in California last summer and there is another girl (in Michigan) that I usually see 3 or 4 times a year.

I'd love to meet RO members. If anyone ever travels to the Daytona Beach area, I wouldn't hesitate to welcome them in my home.

Hmm, good question! I think it is a hard one, there are certainly people on here who I enjoy talking to, andat leastone person whom I've had the pleasure of meeting in real life who I would consider a friend (Jan!:p)

I think it's quite hard to get to know people well over the forum, however I've found chatting to people on msn helps you get to know them better.:)All I'll say is, that when Ruby died I had so many PMs, messages and msn conversations with people on here which really helped me more than I can say. I honestly don't think I could have gotten through that timewith out everyones support. We certainly have some fantastic, kind, caringpeople on here!:groupparty:

P.S Michaela - you need to get on msn more!!:p:p

To be honest, Your the only 'Friend' I have on here. No offence to anyone else.

On the other forum I am on people (including Mod's) are really ignorant and I don't want to be friends with them really

I talk to everyone on the forum..on the forums but when it comes to pms, ims, emails, phone calls, etc, Rosie's the only person on here I talk to. Everyone else I honestly feel like I'm going to be bothering them. I'm great when people come talk to me but feel like such a bother so I can't go talk to them.

okiron wrote:
Everyone else I honestly feel like I'm going to be bothering them. I'm great when people come talk to me but feel like such a bother so I can't go talk to them.

That is EXACTLY how I feel.

What I can promise you is that those times you PMed me, they were really, really appreciated, and I can promise you you were not bothering me.

I do get what you mean though, word for word.

(PS, your new buns are adorable)

I know I am pretty new around here and I totally feel like the odd man out at times. I would love to get to know many of you guys. Sometimes I want to try to visit those who are in the NY area, just think it would be fun, but I'm chicken and wouldn't know how to begin...Oh well, hopefully time will allow for me to get closer to some of you.

Latest posts

Back