A question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loplover

Reaction score
So as I have mentiond befor I ended up givng my two holand lops to some girls I know through 4-H.

Now they have decide to try and bread them. I had never bredthem before. When tey told me this i thought to myself well the malerabbit will sure like that given that once ishoramones kicked in he tryed to bread with anyting, (frozzenwater bottles, legs, arms, my head..you get the picture)

Well they have mated the rabbits like six times and gess what? NO babies!

I find this kinda funny but it makes me wonder if bunny is straril, too old, or what? Any idias?

How old are the buns? I know you haven't yourself, but have they ever been bred before (either together or to someone else)?

(When you say they were mated 6 times... does that mean 6 connectionsfor a single breeding, or mated 6 different times for 6 difflitters?) It's not uncommon for virgin rabbits to miss onthier first coupling. It may also be hormones, or it could besterility. I would suggest trying to breed them to anotherrabbit (buck to another doe, doe to another buck) to check forsterility.

~Sunshine

Latest posts

Back