A question regarding carrier travels.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
My royal pair is set to get a vaccination/health check the coming tuesday. The vet dad and i insisted on booking to is one that we've found to be actually savvy, and luckily not the most expensive one out there. Our vet is a lady with the surname 'Jänes' ('rabbit'), how cool of a coincidence is that?
Not so luckily, a trip to her is 120km away, meaning at least an hour/ hour and a half, depending on weather and traffic, drive.
And they're going to have to be smushed into a carrier for said ride. Their bond is solid, and Storm's driven quite a lot, Iris hasn't really been fazed by rides. With them together, i doubt anything would be super stressful for them.
Now the problem is the carrier. How big should it be for a total of about 8kg of rabbit mass? The current one i have is a Stefanplast Gulliver 2 plastic carrier with a metal door, i cannot remember the exact measurements. (looked it up and it's 55*36*35cm) I do know that the two fit in there, albeit really cramped, just enough room to meatloaf or sit up. We had a size 3 carrier (61*40*38cm) but drunk mum decided it be a good idea to sit on something that's clearly not meant for human weight. But since the current carrier is intact and undamaged, and the duo fits inside, though a bit tightly, would we need to buy a bigger carrier?

Small carrier would be fine. As long as they fit inside. Rabbits don't move a lot during transport; its better to go on the small side for carriers, so that they don't have much room to bounce around if things get bumpy.

Yeah, for that length of time a smallish carrier is fine. I've found my rabbits tend to smoosh themselves together for the safety and comfort of being near each other due to their dislike and nervousness being in the car anyways.

Latest posts

Back