A question for you Flemish owners...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoecat6

Reaction score
As a new flemish owner I am wondering if any ofyou kept track of your flemish's weight at certain ages such as 8weeks, 3 months, 6 months, etc. I am curious of what rate ofgrowth I should expect of my little guy. I'm not totally sureof his age as I was given conflicting information from the breedersthat I bought him from at the rabbit show. I was told 4 weeksby one of them and 8 weeks by the other. I'd say he isapproximately 3 pounds at this point, so I am wondering if that wouldmake him 4 or 8 weeks. It seems like that last pound hashappend in the 5 days that I have had him. Look at themonster back feet on this little guy...

DSC03828.jpg

My other 6 rabbits are not caged , nor do they want to be caged, butBen likes the security of a cage so I bought him a 36L-24W-27H dogkennel yesterday. I keep the door open except at night but hespends a large part of the day in his cage. When he is out ofhis cage if the least little thing scares him he runs back to his cage.

DSC03840.jpg

the only problem is that his naughty brothers and sisters come into his cage to steal his food.

DSC03845.jpg

Tiny has the same size cage - I need to figure out how you added the shelves. I LOVE that.

When I bought Tiny on March 22nd, he was 12 weeks old. He weighed "approx" 6 pounds.

When he got neutered on April 29th, he was 9.3 pounds. Yeah...he gained 3 pounds in that time period.

I can hardly wait till he hits 15-20 pounds!

Peg

It probably is a good idea to track his weightand growth, if for no other reason than you can look back and see howfar he's come!

Actually, keeping track of any bunny's weight on a regular basisis a very good idea. It can alert you to problems before they get tooserious.

Ohh the poor little thing looks just so upsetwhen they are stealing the food. That look on his face ispriceless (sorry cant help on your answer own mini lops and adutch) but the pic is just to cute to passup

He looks to be around 8 weeks old. Murphy was 8 weeks when I got him and was 3 3/4lbs if I remember correctly.
He looks like Murphy when I got him, maybe just a tad younger.
Murphy is 11 months old now and weighs about 14 lbs. I did not keeprecord of his weights but did post how much he weighed on the forumoccasionaly. I'm sure if I went through old posts of mine I could makea list of his weights.
Oh, and I love your cage, but good luck keeping those shevles up long.Unless you made maybe one big shelf that goes across one entire side Idont think it will be able to hold his weight as he grows.
He sure is a cutie.

Back