A problem...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everthing okay?? We're here for ya, Hun...

My mom cant trust the website because there are some adults....

This is the only place I have any friends,I dont have any in real life human or animal...this is the only place I have friends left.....Sad is it not.:bigtears:

I'm so sorry, Hun. Maybe she could look around and read some posts, so she can see we're completely harmless. We are just a group of people that love our bunnies, and come here to talk about them. :)

In fact, maybe she should also check out the forum rules and such, too. Here's a link to the Privacy Policy and Recommendations:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11733&forum_id=14

Here's the site's Mission Statement:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11880&forum_id=14

Here is a link that has the rules of the forum:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11860&forum_id=14

Maybe that'll help her see that we're just a bunch of caring people that are for each other and each other's bunnies. :)

Let me know what you think.

She cant trust adults? I also think like maherwoman already said that we are pretty harmless..I mean come on...men and women that love bunnies? How much more harmless can it be?

And noone of the forum could even get to you in real live as long as you dont tell anyone where you live..I know much younger kids being on regular forums.:cool:

For any mods out there or any members,just a warning according to what my mum said if she gets another e-mail from someone she'll bann me from this site and cancle my username...dont want that to happen.:D

First you should make sure your email is not on your profile or make it invisible so that only the moderator and staff can contact you.

Make sure there is no personal info such as birthday, hometown (or even state).
This might even include your website info....IMO.

You can also change the setting so no one can PM you.

There are a lot of young member son this forum, including my own two daughters. They aren't allowed to give out the same info I stated above and I feel that they are safe here, considering how closely the RO Staff watches out for all of us.

I'm around your age, rw but my mom says it's fine to post as long as I don't give out too much personal info. My mom watches what I post, and comes on my username and looks around so she knows everything is alright. As long as I'm open with her, she doesn't see any reason why this forum could be a threat.

I trust everyone here very much,I dont think any of you would want to Harm anyone to a severe state would you?

You don't really have any security problems if you don't have any personal info out. There is no reason why you would be in any sort of danger if you don't tell your name, where you live, ect.

I think RaspberrySwirl could attest to the secureness of our forum.

:singing "RAZ!!!"

rabbit_whisperer wrote:
I trust everyone here very much,I dont think any of you would want to Harm anyone to a severe state would you?
I have 4 children and completely understand the concern of your parents. Having gone through the hell of an adult (60 year old married church pastor) attempting to forge an inappropriate relationship with our young daughter, I can attest to the fact that the threats to our children in our society are very real.

There are well over 3,000 members on this board, and many of them are not well known to us.

Especially important for minors on this board: Never post personal info on the internet, remove access to your email on this forum and disable the "PM" option so no one on the board can contact you privately.

Pam

It's not any safer and also violates this forum's policy of allowing other forum advertising so I removed the links.

Pam

rabbit_whisperer wrote:
sorry.....:(

It's ok. We've all done it from time to time....even me;)

And it's also better to be safe than sorry in this case.

Bottom line, RW, try doing what's been suggested here, and have her log on and check out the site herself so she can see that we're a harmless bunch.

Like Mümmel said, how dangerous can a bunch of bunny-lovers be? Lol...:)

Latest posts

Back