A Place For The Enderbies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
So this is where I will be updating about my Enderbies and keeping everyone posted ont he breeding and the biting and all that jazz.

So 2 weekends ago I had my pair at the Pa Convention for all to see. Pam Nock palpated my doe and reccomended I breed her again, and she didn't feel anything. That weekend my Enderbies both got snuffles. wtf. But they are almost fully recovered as of now. HArdly any discharge or sneezing. So i'm gong to breed her again when they are both well.

Back to the no prego thing. Umbra is supposedly not pregnant....but Enderbies are known to have smaller litters,...so if she has only oneor two in there...maybe it was just difficult to detect the embryos?Hiding? ITs just that Umbra, if pregnant, would be in her finaly daysof pregnancy (due ont he 18th- day 31). And she's been drinking a CRAP LOAD of water, which means she's either severely dehydrated or pregnant, since she's inside in my room, its not very warm in here and it's not the freezing temperatures of outside either. I just suspectshe's drinking so much for a different reason. Its unlike her to drink this much. She has a 16 ounce waterbottle with vitamins (its green!)and she'll got through one of those or more in a day. Last night I filled it up to the very top, went to bed, woke up, its half gone. All night I hear the tickitty tickth tick tikky tick of her getting adrink.

Also, she was making an INSANE racket the other night. Thumping and throwing her food dish and dragging it around. I looked for a ball or toy of some sort to give her and all I found was this little stuffed Garfield from a happy meal. I threw that in there and BAM. She just...stopped. And starts grooming it. Then she picked it up byt hespine and stuck it to the wall...which surprised me because I didn't know it was magnetic. She apparently hadn't either. Umbra then curled up next to it and went to sleep. Every night she picks up Garfield and puts him in the ''nest''. AKA food dish. I put a nest box in there to see what she'd do and after she scoped out what it was, Garfield was transferred to the nest box. The box takes up a lot of room in there though so I took it back out until she's ready to pop (if at all).Garfield was fast asleep in her food bowl minutes later. She treats him like her baby. I wonder...what's making her feel so maternal?

Well thats the update for now....thoughts on this whole drinking Garfield licking thing are appreciated.

Hey Jesse, did you get your enderbies from NZ orfrom the states? I was chatting to someone today who sent some over seas once or twice and I was wondering if you might have been one of the people she sent them to.

Was it Setiereh? (sp?). She's shipped bunniesto Bob Whitman (TX) And keith Wainright (NC). I drove down to NC andgot my Enderbies from Keith . They were born in the states but theirperants are imported.

minilops wrote:
Hey Jesse, did you getyour enderbies from NZ or from the states? I was chatting to someonetoday who sent some overseas once or twice and I was wondering if youmight have been one of the people she sent them to.

What a neat history this breed has! A very cool looking rabbit.

Will this be your first litter? How exciting!

Yes, first litter...hopefully.

I think the Enderbies are about fully recovered. I haven't heard onesneeze at all today, and neither of them have any nasal discharge.Yesterday I heard them sneeze like, once. And the day before they onlysneezed when I gave them their nose drops (understandable).

I think we're ok! We've defeated snuffles!

Umbra I think is bored. She's so fidgity. Ezra is very content to justlay in a corner all dayand doesn't like to be touched. Umbra used toebt he same way until jsut before convention she got so lovey. She'sright at the door now when I open it...usually trying to jump out.

Like most my other bunnies, I let her run in the kitchen for exercise.But usually the bunnies just stay ont he rugs...Umbra is content towalk right out of the kitchen and hop aroun the living room andhallways. I'm not too keen on letting her explore the house with thedogs and cat and annoying irresponsible siblings around so I sit int ehdoorway and shoo her away when she comes near.She never stops moving,always moving. Happy bunny.

Thankyou, do you know if this is good forsnuffles that have gone on a while? i put a post on the infirmary bitbut no one has replied yet i'm worried about Dennis as he has lostweight too. the way my vet is making it sound is we try Baytril for acouple of weeks but if no improvement then it may be better to put himto sleep. He is really happy in the house and i really don't want tolose him. he's a gorgeous boy.

When is your litter due?

So now Ezra has come down with a milk ear miteinfestation. Oh how lovely. I have meds of all kinds on hand htough sohe should be alright in a week or two.

I gave Umbra a nest box today just in case.She's downed almost herwhoel bottle since this morning. She threw all her bedding out into herfood dish.

I removed Garfield...so int he even tthat she does have babies, he doesn't get all the attention.

I think thats all.

Back