A new sound from my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinaBun

Sponsor
Reaction score
Nanning, China and Mountain Home, Arkansas
This morning my Qingqing was laying on my bed,really stretched out and happy. I started to pet her, and she made asound that I had never heard before. It was like a high-pitched hum,meep, meep. I stopped, thinking that I had somehow hurt her, and shestopped the noise. When I petted her again, she made the sound again. Isaw no sign of distress, so I assumed it was a new happy noise for her.Previously she had made angry grunts and growls, mainly when someonewas getting too close to her food. She hasn't repeated the sounds andshe's also been her normal self the rest of the day. This evening shewas laying on my bed again, stretched out. I had hoped to hear themeeps again, but she didn't do them. Weird!

Nancy

PS: A question from the English teacher: is "petted" the past tense of "pet"?

Did it sound like it was in a buzzing type tone? Bindy does this buzzysound and then she licks me or flops next to me, I think It's ahappiness sound when they buzz.

I havent heard of a meep sound but if she seems ok then it could be a happy thing:)

Yes, "petted" is the correct past participle ;)

Because she is making the sound when relaxing and being petted, I'massuming it is her "happy" noise. Some rabbits may make agrinding sound with their teeth, indicating contentment.Others may make gentle clucking sounds.

Pam

I've very occassionally heard Perry make that kind of sound when I'vebeen petting him - like a high pitched squeak. Bit suprising at first,as Perry isn't a vocal bunny at all (not like Pernod :?), but I foundit so cute, and he seemed very happy and relaxed :)

Jan

Munchkin has started making a funny noise whenhe is cleaning his shoulders, like when he is twisted around trying toreach his back - he goes 'toot, toot, toot...' out his nose, it issoooo funny!

mummybunny

Lol..I loved the boing noise...havent heard that one yet..

But Salvaje will lay his head on my shoulder and sigh..a little sigh its so cute...

and he makes grunts when he is running around and specail little blowing noises when you cuddle him...

Someone is going to get so rich when a bun bun sounds tape...:)

LOL..........welllllll.........it also is the name for Word for wild...
However at times I think he likes the Savage better.......like when he shreds my work papers and tosses my bed.......
Lately Ive been calling him Salvaggio..which is Italian for Wild/Savage..he seems to really like that...
I named him that because I got him at a trade show where most of thepeople spoke spanish...and he looked so much like a Maine ( where I amfrom) Wild bunny...

And believe me its a fitting name....unless he is sleepy....

Thanks

Back