A New Family Member

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I am happy to announce that we have a new family member.

My son had a baseball game tonight and I left Apollo at home becuseit looked like rain. So there, I am watching the game when I hear akitty meowing. I just had to go check it out. Come to find out a mommakitty has raising a litter of kittens in the equipment shed. She movedthe babies. Sadly, she wasn't able to got the last one because someoneshut and locked the door. This tiny kitty has been locked in with forabout 3 days. People heard it but couldn't find.

Well, I was not about to leave without this poor kitty. I not onlyfound the kitty but caught the kitty. He or she is only about 3 weeksold. They baby is so small we can't even sex it properly yet. The kittyis skin and bones, literally. she was covered in tar. I cried for thispoor baby.

The kitty now has a name. My husband named her MINOR, since our sonis in the minor league. She has had a bath and is tar free. I'm syringefeeding her until I can get to the store tomorrow and get some formulaand a bottle. She has the longest hair I've ever seen on a cat. She'schocalate brown with white whiskers, white hairs on all four feet andgray eyes. She fits in my hand. I am so glad I was able to find her.

Needless to say she has found her new home. Apollo is scared of her.So this is definitely going to need some time and some work. Heventured over to her cage to sniff her.

I am just so excited I had to share.

Tina

congrats!!!

how sweet of you to rescue the poor little kitty!! sounds lie a realcutie too! hopefully you ae going to post some pictures soo nfor all ofus to admire!!

im sure apollo will learn to accept the kitty soon. :)

Congratulations, Tina!:) It's so sweet of you and your family to take this poorhapless creature in.

I have no doubt that Apollo will eventually come around andmake friends with the little kitty. In fact, they maysurprise you and end up being best buddies! Looking forwardto hearing the stories of their bonding.

Congratulations,Dajeti2!

Apollo is such a Gentle Giant.

I love Minor's name. By the sounds of her/him, it's quite fitting.

It's so great how you go to your son's baseball games. I understand why you left 'the dog' home this time.

Minor's the luckiest cat in the world to have you rescueher/him. Good for you for being diligent about findingher. No wonder why she didn't run from you. 3 dayswithout food or waterfor such a baby was surely on her wayout if someonedidn't come to her rescue. Give Minorand Apollo a big kiss for me.

Your son is still very much in my thoughts and prayers.

-Carolyn

I am so excited!!

My son was feeding Minor and Apollo actually walked up to him and sniffed Minor.

Just had to share. It was so cute to see such a big bunn and tiny kitten touching noses.

Tina

Ohhhh ... I know that was a precioussight! I told you! :D They're going toend up being the best of friends. Apollo is such asweetie.

Great News!

Minor is doing a lot better. We are syringe feeding her until I canget to the store and get her a bottle. She is doing much better. Sheactually felt well enough to play for a few minutes today. Last night Iwas up with her every two hours for a feeding. Tonight it is more likeevery four hours.

Update:

My sonwas getting ready to feed Minor when she got awayfrom him. Apollo was laid out in front of the couch. Before I couldgrab her, she jumped on Apollo's back. My breath caught because Ididn't know how he was going to react. Bless his heart, he flicked anear towards her and went back to sleep. He never woke up when she wasplaying with his big ol tail LOL. It will be nice for him tohave someone to play with. My dog and cat want nothing to do with him,they are really afraid of him.

Tina

Oh, see!See!!!! I told you!!! They're going to be good friends. Oh, Apollo,is just an angel bunny. I just love him so!!!! Onlythe sweetest bunny would let the kitten jump on his back and not cop anattitude.

Tina, you go right now and give Apollo the best treat you canfind!!! ;) Tell him it's from his new "auntie" and"cousin".

--BunnyMommy andSherman

Tina how cute, I bet they end up beingthe best of friends! Sounds like that your are doing a goodjob with helping Minor get back to good health. That must besomething to see--- that BIG rabbit and tiny kitten. Keep upthe good work. Beckie :cool:

Thank you.

Apollo wants me to send his most sincere thank you to AuntieBunnyMommy and Sherman. He says he loves yogurt drops. Thank you fortelling mom to share.

It is really cute to see them together. Apollo's head is bigger thanall of Minor. I think I'll start taking pictures tomorrow. Minor isdefinitely my son's kitty. He has taken on the role of mom to her andshe adores him. He is the only one she will sit still for lol.

Tina

lol, isn't it amazing how opposite species canget along? Kitten and Apollo, Maggie and Mocha. It's so adorable to seerabbits playing with other animals, big or small.

Thats so cute. What a lucky kitten to have a bigbunny to play with. My cats or dogs dont pay much attention. but mylittle dogi gets jealous and luv cant be near me without him being nearme too.

Cristy

More good news.

Apollo went up to Minor's cage today. He has sniffing her when Minorstuck her paw out. Apollo sniffed her and then licked her paw. Mymelted. It was so sweet. Whenever he walks by her cage he stops for avisit. Apollo's personality and mellow demeanor are so amazing tome.

Minor goes to the vet next week. So far she is doing awesome. She isonkitten formula now. We taught her how to drink from a bowltoday. She also tried some canned kitten food today and she loved it.She is a lot more 'spunky' today.

Tina

Tina , you have made really fast and goodprogress with Minor! What a picture that must of made whenApollo gave her a little kiss. :) Seems like thingsare going well. Thanks for sharing the good news.Beckie

Glad to hear all is going well with Minor andthat Apollo is getting along with her. I also think mostanimals will be ok with a new addition as long as it is a baby, nothreat, but even better if they become friends. Keep usposted and send a picture soon!

its good people like you that make the world abetter place alot of people wouldnt have the devotion you do!! andapallo is a sweet heart to good luck w/ minor!

Latest posts

Back