A new bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie

Reaction score
7660966766_8f827ff713_z.jpg

She doesn't have a name yet, I brought her home this afternoon. I took Hubert with me, to see who he got along with. All the bunnies liked him, but he really didn't give a **** about meeting them. XD He's a funny rabbit.

7660968240_f0d10794d2_z.jpg

Having treats, because he really doesn't like car trips. XD

7660965302_9dd3285b85_z.jpg

Bunnyland. That cardboard is temporary and the curtains are being taken up tomorrow.

Any advice on long haired bunnies is welcome. ^^ I was also thinking about setting up a dig box, because she likes to dig at the towel in the carrier. And I'm going to put a second level in the crate, which is the when I'm at work/asleep house.

Look at that cute puffball! I have a lionhead mix, but he's nowhere near as poofy as your little girl! Brushing daily will help a lot. I'm doing research on papaya tablets because they apparently are good for digestion and help hairballs pass (I guarantee that she will get a few) so you may want to check those out.

Congrats!!

Aw congrats!! Look at them together! Precious.
What a nice bunny room! Lucky buns!
Furminators work well I hear, I never had a long haired bun before. Daily grooming is essential though so get comfortable with her ^-^
Papaya and pineapple (in small amounts) work. I use cat hairball remedy, it's petroleum or something and it tastes like marmalade I think, something sweet. She loves it!

I don't know. A bit doesn't hurt them. Maybe it's not petroleum, that sounds dangerous. Petrolatum or some lubricant though. Hasn't harmed my bunnies in 5 and a half years (though I'm not necessarily saying it won't..Maybe a bit of research is needed)

Research is a good idea. It could be an old formula that wouldn't be able to be used if it were new today. Petrolatum is what Vaseline is/was, I'm pretty sure. To really know what something does or doesn't do, someone would need need to do an experiment with lots of rabbits that were raised identically & some got the petrolatum & some got vegetable oil instead. After a lifetime, you might be able to see the difference. My guess is that even trans-fat would be better than petrolatum.

Latest posts

Back