A new bunny here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I picked up another rescue over the weekend while I was in Chicago visiting my mil. I felt bad for the owner, she really didn't want to let go of her bunny, but she was having to move in with her grandmother whose health was failing, and couldn't take the bunny. He is about eight months old, a lop mix, and I took him to get neutered today. Oh, and his name is Dusty. Here are the only pics I could get of him, because he was so busy exploring my house, and now my camera won't work so I can't ake any more, darn it.

017-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

He seems to be. I only picked him up Sunday, though, and he is still feeling pretty shy. He will come to my hand for a treat, but other than that tends to want to hide most of the time. I am going to post him on Petfinder soon, hopefullyI can get my camera to work so I can get better pics of him to post. I just picked him up from the vet's, office, he did ok with the neuter thankfully. His former owner is planning on emailing me this week once she gets settled in her new place, so I can let her know how he is doing.

Genius that I am, I forgot to latch his cage door whenI put him in after picking him up from the vet. I had a shipment of toy supplies arrive, so I took him one of the wicker munch balls I got. WhenI went back there, oops! The door was open and I couldn't find bunny. I finally found him huddled under a chair, looking terrified. So I just lay down and stared at him for a while, and after a couple of minutes he relaxed and flopped out on his belly and stared back. I went and got him a bit of banana and lured him back to his cage after that, I don't want him to overdo it with jsut having been neutered today.

Poor little guy. Pet him for me.

He's doing fine. I gave him some new toys, and he has decided he likes to have them all stacked neatly in one corner of his cage, LOL. UNtil I fill his feed dish, then he moves the toys and puts his dish there to eat! I am going to get his little bio written up on Petfinder, hopefully today, I'll post it here when I get it done. Although better pics will have to wait until Sunday or Monday, as hubby took the camera with him to his convention this weekend. Grrr!

Latest posts

Back