A month of bonding and *still* no grooming....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've been bonding my 1 yo spayed female (Mika)and my 11week old male (Joey) (to be neutered on wednesday...he's spraying like crazy) for at least a month now...and here are the results:

1. Mika is not territorial anymore and I can put Joey in her cage...she chases him a little and takes a little nip and grunt at him once in a while.

2. They DO NOT groom each other AT ALL

3. THey kinda 'head butt' each other - they push their heads together - kinda like "you groom me", "no, YOU groom ME!"

4. Sometimes they stick their heads under the other bunny

5. Joey mounts Mika - BUT Mika doesn't fight him off too much

6. They can play together outside the cages...sometimes binkying together.....and sometimes just ignoring each other....and sometimes Joey follows Mika around...

7. They don't cuddle together - or very rarely...i think onlyTWICE they "cuddled" for a mninute

bah...! I'm trying to move them in the same cage....but is it okay if they aren't grooming each other??

Today, I put Joey in Mika's cage for about 30 minutes.....a lot of time was spent lying down, facing each other, heads together.

What does this mean?? :?

Also, when is it safe to put Joey and Mika back together after Joey is neutered.....he will be neuteredthis Wednesday.

Thanks!

Carina

yes yes and yes its possible

ive been bonding my two for almost six months! and they didnt groom at all until the begining of the FITH month

nuetering will help alot.

as long as they are not fighting pat yourself on the back. if they are setting head to head i think soon they will groom each other.

Latest posts

Back