A moment of silence please...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
For my thighs and knees circa 1990... I think I was like 16.

I was actually doing a search for something else on YouTube concerning my town, and I found this. Talk about a blast from the past.

I am the female drum major...

I miss those legs... and knees... and ankles. That's back when I could wear GoGo boots and not look like an Elephant tottering around in an Austin Powers movie.

Actually, I am glad I found this. My son was laughing at some of the bands at Mardi Gras.. they were the *get down* type of bands, like Grambling State. Him and his friends thought they were just so stupid looking to make fools of themselves like that. I chastized them because it is hard enough to learn how to march correctly, much less march AND get funky..
And here is the proof.

I think what amuses me the most.. towards the end-ish.. the *Band of Bands* launches into the school song.. Slavonic.. and the crowd goes wild..

Idiots...

And now... mourn with me... for my thighs.. and ankles... and knees...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mINpQU_pB1c[/ame]

Your a 50-ish lady?

Wow... I seriously would have never guessed it..

If I were a dewd, I would hit on ya...

WOW...

First of all, fantastic legs...

Second of all, fantastic band!!

I'm thoroughly impressed...I've picked up a lot about marching bands and their abilities over the years, especially given that my sister played the flute in one when I was about 12, and I went to all of her practices, competitions, listened to what they were doing and practicing...I was fascinated!

Really amazing band...

And, Girl, I bet your legs and knees are still fantastic. :)

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Your a 50-ish lady?

Wow... I seriously would have never guessed it..

If I were a dewd, I would hit on ya...
Aw, gee, thanks:blushan:. Actually, I'm only 49. I figured I ought to start practicing saying I'm 50.

Hey,you can still get that body back. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I'mjoining a gym today after work and I'm getting mine back, dangit! I've been walking around in someone else's body for WAY too long!

I have to lose at least50 pounds. Everything hurts. Being 40 doesn't help.

Wow! Zin! I'm impressed! You did that? (That was so good!) You looked great... bet you still do. The band was awesome. (I can't always walk and chew gum at the smae time... march, pivot AND play in instrument???? Nawww.. not me!)

And you're not old dear! (I figure you were born the year I graduated High School!) You young whiper snapper!

Snuggys Mom wrote:
I've been walking around in someone else's body for WAY too long!
There couldn't be a more perfect way to describe how I feel about my weight. I used to weigh 130lbs in high school, was on the cross country team, was able to easily run 6miles a day, nice, flat tummy...ugh!!

Heck, I weighed 150 as of four years ago...and now...well, let's say it's a bit over 50lbs more than that...ugh!!

What stinks the most...I gain all my weight in my tummy! My legs are FANTASTIC...nice and built, shapely...I love them! But my tummy looks, well...eww...

Frustrating to say the least...

haha I was in band. Everyone hated me. Could it be beause i'm so cynical and world-hating.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENn42llydNU[/ame]

I'm inthe front row behind the banner carrying the white Rose Bowl flag.

-JAK

You look very dilligent Jesse...LOL

Hey.. At least your in the Rose Bowl Parade.. I am marching around on a field... you have purpose...

BlueGiants wrote:
Wow! Zin! I'm impressed! You did that? (That was so good!) You looked great... bet you still do. The band was awesome. (I can't always walk and chew gum at the smae time... march, pivot AND play in instrument???? Nawww.. not me!)

And you're not old dear! (I figure you were born the year I graduated High School!) You young whiper snapper!

LMFAO... dudette.. I marched around in hotpants and gogo boots with a pointy stick. Can you beleive they gave me a pointy stick? Ok, it's not actually called a pointy stick.. it has a real name.. and 18 years later.. I ferget what it's called. If you watch.. I am not always paying attention.. I am looking at my suit.. lookin around... struttin... stuff like that. I was obsessed with the suit... all about the suit.

Thanks for the compliment, but if I tried to slip into that suit now..I am pretty sure there is some obcenity laws I could be arrested for...

I was born in 1973..LOL, didja know I started Kindergarten the year my husband graduated highschool? That always makes him feel so special when I bring it up! LOL.

NZminilops wrote:
Having never seen a marching band, I can't tell which one is you.

:sad:

There is 2 people all in white uniforms and tall hats, that lead the band.. with *sticks* and whistles. One has long pants.. thats a guy, the other has shorts and go go boots, that's a girl.. who is me.

Gina Walden.. the brunette twirler they zero in on at one point, would also like a moment of silence for her fashion sense, which was gravely assaulted when she wore that early nineties frontal hair poof.

She was as amused as I was to see her face up there..lol

maherwoman wrote:
WOW...

First of all, fantastic legs...

Second of all, fantastic band!!

I'm thoroughly impressed...I've picked up a lot about marching bands and their abilities over the years, especially given that my sister played the flute in one when I was about 12, and I went to all of her practices, competitions, listened to what they were doing and practicing...I was fascinated!

Really amazing band...

And, Girl, I bet your legs and knees are still fantastic. :)

I started my musical disaster on the flute - couldn't get it down right - I switchd to the clarinet - but it was defective.

Ended up in percussion marching with the quads and had a blast.

(just about had a heart attack adding this up) 14! years later I still love to bang on the drums, though I couldn't do it all day. If I think back that far for too long my ears and head goes numb, remembering percussion class in the little storeage room in HS.

Test time was always funny in some classes. You get nervous you thump out a cadence. Have more than one drummer in a classroom and that lead to a world of hurt if one by one we all pitched in.

LMBO

Leaf wrote:

I started my musical disaster on the flute - couldn't get it down right - I switchd to the clarinet - but it was defective.

Ended up in percussion marching with the quads and had a blast.

(just about had a heart attack adding this up) 14! years later I still love to bang on the drums, though I couldn't do it all day. If I think back that far for too long my ears and head goes numb, remembering percussion class in the little storeage room in HS.

Test time was always funny in some classes. You get nervous you thump out a cadence. Have more than one drummer in a classroom and that lead to a world of hurt if one by one we all pitched in.

LMBO
Yep...lol...that's why I've never approached the drums, myself. I have good rhythm, but put me with drums and tell me to go along perfectly, and no doubt I'll screw up, LOL!!

BUT...I really loved watching my sister's band...they weren't perfect, but they had so much fun...

I've always played the violin, myself. I can play other things, too, like the guitar and the piano...but the violin is my first love, and something I have a serious knack for. I've always loved it. Started playing in the 3rd grade, played right up until the 7th...was in the District Orchestra, did competitions as a soloist or in duets or trios. I really really loved it, and miss it!

Anyway, I'm more of a string girl...hehe! :)

But boy did I love watching my sister with her flute, in her marching band...I really looked up to her! :)

Latest posts

Back